April 2013 Moms
Options

Do we all need a "Time Out"?

Lots of posts today about being overly emotional, irrational, angry, venting...I vote we take a break and have a selfish day (or half day) tomorrow!!  We are all about the halfway mark - take a breather and celebrate it.  No SO's, no kiddos, no family members, no errands...go do something totally selfish for yourself  at some point this weekend and RELAX! Stick out tongue 

Too much stress out here!  I'm afraid to even open the FFFC thread.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do we all need a "Time Out"?

• Options
    I wish.   My inlaws are flying in and arriving in less than 4 hours.   I'm losing my mind.   DH & I have been together 11 years and this is only their 3rd time visiting us (don't even get me started on that).   I feel like I'm still in prove myself mode cause they never see me be a housewife.

• Options

LOL..We're definitely an emotional bunch these days! I actually need an excuse to "cry it out".  Have felt the tears all backed up in me, but I have absolutely no reason to cry! 

That said, the FFFC thread is totally tame - verging on boring IMO.

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't feel too irrational or angry, but I am getting a time out tomorrow. I am getting my hair done and a pedicure. It's going to be awesome. Esp. because DD is taking the terrible twos as a personal challenge to overachive.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageFremdschamen:

LOL..We're definitely an emotional bunch these days! I actually need an excuse to "cry it out".  Have felt the tears all backed up in me, but I have absolutely no reason to cry! 

I'm actually planning on renting some super sappy movie tonight just to have a good cry while MH is out of town, just get it all out.  Like preventative medicine :)

• Options

I so need a time out. Hormones have made me a raging beetch. On here, to my H, in my head, etc. Someone get me an effin' chill pill, yo. But taking a day to myself isn't really in the realm of possibility. :(

When I told her this is our last baby, my SD begged me to reconsider and have another one (b/c you know she needs another brother and all). I said "Do you really want to deal with me being a cranky PG lady again?" And she hasn't mentioned it since. Lol. 

• Options
    imageblueandgray:
    imageFremdschamen:

I'm actually planning on renting some super sappy movie tonight just to have a good cry while MH is out of town, just get it all out.  Like preventative medicine :)

Great idea!  If DH wasn't hosting a big party at our house tonight, I would do the same thing.  Maybe first thing Saturday morning. 

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • Options
    I was seriously contemplating taking a personal day next week just to recuperate from the holidays last week. My family really rattled my nerves, and I've been on edge all week! Poor DH..
    carrie ~ me-at-carrie.cc ~ 4/21/2007
    * blog * first baby blog * baby 2.0 blog * twitter *

IMG_0578

• Options

LOL! I love this post! Unfortunately we have packed weekend already so I don't see a time out in my near future. However, I plan on taking off between Christmas and New years and sending DD to preschool for a few hours here an there to have some me time or alone time with DH so I'm certainly looking forward to that!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I sure do need a time out! These crazy hormones and stress are making me second guess every feeling and reaction I have about everything. Such stupid stuff is sending me over the edge lately that I feel like I've gotta keep asking myself, "Is this a normal logical way to be acting/feeling?" Too bad no time outs are gonna be happening for me this weekend...next weekend, it's on!!
  • Options
    Girlfriend I know I need a timeout. DH laughed at me all day yesterday because of the ish I was crying off of. I was having a full out pity party.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Who did you get to babysit my son? Cool
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageskoogirl:

I was just thinking the same thing! Time outs for moms take a lot of planning when you have a child at home.....
  • Options

imagePepperBug:
    imageskoogirl:
    I was just thinking the same thing! Time outs for moms take a lot of planning when you have a child at home.....

Oh I know, easier said than done!!  MH is out of town so I've got DD solo through Sunday.  But my sister is coming over tomorrow for an hour to babysit....glorious!  One whole hour to sit and relax at Starbucks without a little one who refuses to nap tugging on my shirt and begging "up". 

Even that hour break will give me the little recharge I need.  No errands, no cleaning - just sipping on a decaf fancy coffee drink with a couple of magazines.

• Options
    I need a time out for sure. DH is taking over this weekend. lol 
  • Options
    imageblueandgray:

imagePepperBug:
    imageskoogirl:

Oh I know, easier said than done!!  MH is out of town so I've got DD solo through Sunday.  But my sister is coming over tomorrow for an hour to babysit....glorious!  One whole hour to sit and relax at Starbucks without a little one who refuses to nap tugging on my shirt and begging "up". 

Even that hour break will give me the little recharge I need.  No errands, no cleaning - just sipping on a decaf fancy coffee drink with a couple of magazines.

Like other moms here I have my son all to myself this weekend. My husband is a chef and works weekends.  It's ok though, sometimes during my work lunch I go out and get a starbucks decaf latte or get some Christmas shopping done.  It's tough to sneak in mommy-time.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageFremdschamen:

Totally boring. I openned it hoping for some juicy drama just to pass the time and it's just people talking about how many times they wash their jeans. Boooooring!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am going with my mom to a Candle and Carol walk on saturday night. All the local church choirs set up on different street corners and sing carols. And they all dress up very Victorian style. Although it might be a bit chilly and they are calling for snow it will be nice just to be out by myself. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I beat you to the punch. My H is getting the baby from daycare and I am meeting two of my friends to get our nails done. After that dinner w said friends. Also with no kids! Whoop! Whoop! Tomorrow I have to teach a class for an hour and then I am going to a fashion show and then dinner with my work BFFs. Great time to eat food that my H doesn't eat like Japanese Hibachi.
  • Options
    imageFremdschamen:

Watch the last 10 minutes of Armageddon.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"