Cloth Diapering
Options

Flats

Has anyone used flats during the newborn stage?  Are they extremely bulky?

I was considering flats or prefolds and covers for part of my newborn stash if we decide to have another.  But I'm afraid of how bulky they will be on a 7lb newborn.

I'm just thinking the flats will be nice during the newborn stage, since they wash and dry quickly.

Re: Flats

• Options
    Flats were too bulky for us. We much preferred the newborn prefolds. We used Imagine smart fits. Love flats now though.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Did you use the Xsmall prefolds?  Or the small prefolds? 

I was thinking about going with the Imagine prefolds in a small rather than xsmall.  Especially since I'll need the newborn diapers to last just past 10lbs.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We used x-small until he was about 8 weeks when he outgrew the absorbency, then we switched to smalls. The smalls were way too big for newborn covers but fit fine in the smallest setting on all of our one-size covers. We almost exclusively tri-fold but they work with a snappi as well if your LO isn't chunky around the waist. I think the absorbency would have been fine if I would have changed more often...New mom, new to cloth, I didn't really get into my groove until he was about 3 months when I figured out he probably needed to be changed more often than every 3 hours :-/ .  He is STILL in smalls at 8 months and I don't think we will be moving to Mediums for at least another 3 or 4 months. The x-smalls will definitely be trimmer in the beginning because not only are they smaller but they are also less layers, so if you care about them being trim I would get x-smalls too. I still use the x-smalls sometimes to boost for naps so I don't really think they were a waste of money or anything. If you go with Imagine splurge for the bamboo ones...I have used both and the bamboo ones are way more absorbent and super soft.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you, this is very helpful.
  • Options
    I used imagine smallest from the beginning. My dd was a 5 lb 7 ounce baby that was 5 lb 1 ounce when discharged. The small worked fine and still do at 8 weeks a little bulky but worked great
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"