Pregnant after IF

AW...starting our registry

We are going up to Buy.Buy.Baby in a bit to start our registry!! Eek! I can't believe it! I'm so excited, but a bit overwhelmed with all the choices! I don't think I'll even look at bottles today:-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TTC# 1 since 5/10
Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
DX: Unexplained IF
Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
TTC #2
IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
IVF #7 August 2019-....?

Re: AW...starting our registry

• I took a child care class offered through my hospital with a very down to earth nurse who has seen/been through it all. She said all the bottles are the same, and either way the baby isn't going to like them because they will like your nipple better so it doesn't matter. lol. She said it's all personal choice and whatever you pick will be fine. This made me feel better because all the different choices of bottles was very overwhelming for me!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC since March/April 2010
    DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
    DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
    June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
    Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
    IVF - January 2012: BFN
    FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
    After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!
  • It is overwhelming when registering, but it was also fun at the same time.  I did my research online first.....which bottles were preferred (although baby ultimately chooses) to the most stimulating/top picked everything.  I would definitely recommend researching before you go in....it helped me alot!
    party-fails-crunk-critters-bruce-isnt-good-with-tequila
    see more After 12
    Just because something isn't happening for you right now doesn't mean it will never happen.
    IUI #1 - BFN IUI #2 - BFN
    IVF - Starting injects May 25 IVF #1 - BFP!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageDucky719:

imagemrskitton:
    It is overwhelming when registering, but it was also fun at the same time.  I did my research online first.....which bottles were preferred (although baby ultimately chooses) to the most stimulating/top picked everything.  I would definitely recommend researching before you go in....it helped me alot!

This is so true!  Do what you can in store, and then finish up online afterwards.  Researching is key for big items (like stroller, car seats, etc) so you know what to look for in store.  You are so prepared though so I am sure you've already done this.  Have fun!!

Yup! Car seat and stroller we have decided on. The rest we will see how it goes! If either DH or I feel a meltdown coming on, we are done for the day, LOL!! 

TTC# 1 since 5/10

TTC #2
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

TTC#3
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • imageeponine7682:
    I took a child care class offered through my hospital with a very down to earth nurse who has seen/been through it all. She said all the bottles are the same, and either way the baby isn't going to like them because they will like your nipple better so it doesn't matter. lol. She said it's all personal choice and whatever you pick will be fine. This made me feel better because all the different choices of bottles was very overwhelming for me!

I plan on BFing, so I'm not too worried about it, but I want a few bottles to go with frozen BM just incase the boobs are ever unavailable (for whatever reason), LOL! 

TTC# 1 since 5/10

TTC #2
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

TTC#3
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Have fun!
    Me: 30, DH: 30
    ~*~Married 8/31/08~*~

DX: MFI due to Chemo/Stem Cell Transplant for Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. RE said IVF is best option with DH's frozen boys.
    IVF #1 April 2012: Menopur and Bravelle; 1 egg retrieved, 0 fertilized. Boo.
    IVF #2 August 2012: Gonal-F 300, Menopur 300. Beta #1 9/6: 382... BFPx2!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Our boys couldn't wait to meet us! Colin and Kieran arrived March 26, 2013 at 33w1d.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Staking my brunette sistah!

So exciting that you are doing your registry! Dream big!

XOXO 

imageimage

TTC#1 since October 2010

"The jump is so frightening between where I am and where I want to be...because of all I may become I will close my eyes and leap." Mary Anne Radmacher

Me:35, 5 major abdominal surgeries for Ulcerative colitis, failed j pouch, perm. Ileostomy DX-DOR & Tubal abnormalities/Extensive Adhesions from earlier surgeries.latest fsh -26 :(

IVF 1- March 2012 Antagonist Protocol; BCP until March 3; AFC this cycle is 10 (Hooray); Start stims on March 9; ER on March 19- 2R; 2T (1 perfect 8 cell, 1 scrappy 3 cell); tubal infection from ER-hospitalized. Doomed! BFN

Essure Procedure to treat bilateral hydrosalpinx; June 2012, wait 3 months for confirmation test.

IVF2 (Egg Banking)-letrozole/antagonist cycle; June/July 2012 225iu merional + cetrotide; slow responder, Ovulated before ER. Unbelievable. Canceled remaining cycles with my eggs

DE IVF in Brno, Czech. Approx. ET on Oct 6 CANCELLED-Essure didn't close both tubes-test again in 3 months

IVF3-DE IVF ET on Dec 9, 2012 (decided to roll the dice no matter what!)

2 perfect HB transferred; 8dp5dt beta:36; 10dp5dt beta 15; chemical pregnancy.

Turning our hearts toward adoption

DH:36, SA-perfect

Married since July 11, 2009

Fur baby Cairn Terrier

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

• imagekmc84:

imageeponine7682:
    I took a child care class offered through my hospital with a very down to earth nurse who has seen/been through it all. She said all the bottles are the same, and either way the baby isn't going to like them because they will like your nipple better so it doesn't matter. lol. She said it's all personal choice and whatever you pick will be fine. This made me feel better because all the different choices of bottles was very overwhelming for me!

I plan on BFing, so I'm not too worried about it, but I want a few bottles to go with frozen BM just incase the boobs are ever unavailable (for whatever reason), LOL! 

You may want to consider getting bottles like the Pla.ytex Drop Ins.  You can buy BM freezer storage bags that fit right into the bottle.  It's so easy to use and a lot less to clean.  I EP'd with my son and this is all we used.  It can be a pain to buy the liners, but Am.azon has great deals on them and if you have a Prime membership you get free 2day shipping.

PAIFW/SAIFW

DS1 born July 2002 (previous marriage).

TTC since Oct 08. DH Dx w/testicular cancer March 09.
    MFI due to retrograde ejaculation/azoospermia.
    5/2 IVF #1 cancelled due to large follie.
    6/14 start Lupron for IVF #1.2. 6/22 start stims.
    7/4 ER and Biopsy.
    7/9 Transferred 2 (1-4BB and 1-3BB) embryos.  4 frosties.
    7/15 +HPT 6dp5dt. 7/18 Beta #1: 193. 7/20 Beta #2: 415.
    8/10 1st u/s - It's triplets!

• imageglueck:
    Staking my brunette sistah! So exciting that you are doing your registry! Dream big!XOXOnbsp;
    GLUECK!!!! I miss you! I responded to your post on IFV, I don't know if you saw it. I am on pins and needles for you and I hope with all my heart this is the best Christmas ever for you <3
    TTC# 1 since 5/10

TTC #2
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

TTC#3
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • I did a lot of research online first and was able to browse at my convenience. I had a decent amount of stuff picked out online before we actually went into the store. It was nice to go in and see the items in person and confirm or deny that we liked them. It wasnt as overwhelming as if I had nothing. Especially BBB that place its very overwhleming! But it is an amazing experience so have fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Have fun!  Our nurse told us together just a few bottles of a few different types.  
    TTC since June 2011
    DH diagnosed with Testicular Cancer 8/2010
    Low sperm count. Only option IVF with ICSI
    Starting First cycle Jan/Feb 2012- Canceled due to not responding to BCP and/or Lupron
    IVF 1.2- stims March 14, ER March 24, 16 R 10F 6 made it to blast
    ET March 29- transferred two blasts, 4A and 4BA, froze 4
    Positive HPT 9dp5dt Beta 1- 385 11dp5dt
    u/s April 25- one healthy heartbeat
    EDD 12/12/12>

• DH and I are hoping to go out and work on our registry here sometime soon. Since my sister-in-law (my step-brother's wife) wasn't able to make it to our a/s I promised her that she would be included in the run around registry fun. She's the first sibling I've had out of 4 step-sisters and 3 step-brothers (I was an only child before my parents remarried... talk about a family expansion!) that actually acts like a real sibling. My pregnancy has been a huge excitement for her, and in some ways is even more important to her privately (in between her two successful pregnancies she had a m/c and that baby's due date was the same as mine). I'm so eager to go out and start marking the things we want (we've been window shoppers for the last few months when I needed the motivation to keep my worries at bay) and look at other things that we haven't started to consider. Now, we just have to hound her for a good day to go! Lol

Hope you are having fun and I would definitely recommend doing a little research before going out into the baby buying world. I promise, it helps with the overwhelming sensation!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagekmc84:
    imageglueck:
    Staking my brunette sistah! So exciting that you are doing your registry! Dream big!XOXOnbsp;
    GLUECK!!!! I miss you! I responded to your post on IFV, I don't know if you saw it. I am on pins and needles for you and I hope with all my heart this is the best Christmas ever for you <3

You gorgeous thing, you! I just saw it now. Thank you sweets. Big hugs to you XO

imageimage

TTC#1 since October 2010

"The jump is so frightening between where I am and where I want to be...because of all I may become I will close my eyes and leap." Mary Anne Radmacher

Me:35, 5 major abdominal surgeries for Ulcerative colitis, failed j pouch, perm. Ileostomy DX-DOR & Tubal abnormalities/Extensive Adhesions from earlier surgeries.latest fsh -26 :(

IVF 1- March 2012 Antagonist Protocol; BCP until March 3; AFC this cycle is 10 (Hooray); Start stims on March 9; ER on March 19- 2R; 2T (1 perfect 8 cell, 1 scrappy 3 cell); tubal infection from ER-hospitalized. Doomed! BFN

Essure Procedure to treat bilateral hydrosalpinx; June 2012, wait 3 months for confirmation test.

IVF2 (Egg Banking)-letrozole/antagonist cycle; June/July 2012 225iu merional + cetrotide; slow responder, Ovulated before ER. Unbelievable. Canceled remaining cycles with my eggs

DE IVF in Brno, Czech. Approx. ET on Oct 6 CANCELLED-Essure didn't close both tubes-test again in 3 months

IVF3-DE IVF ET on Dec 9, 2012 (decided to roll the dice no matter what!)

2 perfect HB transferred; 8dp5dt beta:36; 10dp5dt beta 15; chemical pregnancy.

Turning our hearts toward adoption

DH:36, SA-perfect

Married since July 11, 2009

Fur baby Cairn Terrier

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"