July 2012 Moms

Mom's Clubs

In the FFFC a lot of you have mentioned being scared/nervous about joining a mom's club.

I just wanted to encourage you to just try it if you're interested.  You may be pleasantly surprised.

I ended up joining Stroller Strides and associated mom's club during my maternity leave.  I'm not really into that kind of thing at all, but it's really nice.  They're not judgey at all and I honestly have no clue who's age is what.  What I do have is about 30 or so add'l moms who will answer questions, make suggestions when I ask, and help remind me that ALL moms are just trying to make it work the best they can.

So you really never know... the worst that can happen is you decide it's not for you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Mom's Clubs

• One of the things I find odd is some of them require a membership fee. Also, what goes on at these things? I tried reading about it online, but not much is coming up. OUKatie talks about it all the time, and it sounds awesome.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • imagenesenotes:
    One of the things I find odd is some of them require a membership fee. Also, what goes on at these things? I tried reading about it online, but not much is coming up. OUKatie talks about it all the time, and it sounds awesome.

I have found the same thing in my area. I looked at joining MOPS and it was a tad pricey (130$ for the year).   I just do not know if it is worth the money to join and they have limited info online as well.

• Loading the player...
  • a lot of these 'moms groups/clubs' sprung out of formal groups - breastfeeding support classes, storytime at the library, music classes, and you make friends and then just hang out weekly at the park or someone's house. 

small fees cover snacks i believe.

i'm having some parents(i dont like the mom only stuff) and their kids over this weekend. no fees, but each is bringing a food/drink.

the kids will roll aroudn on the floor. parents will eat and drink and chat about life.

its nice. 

• imagenesenotes:
    One of the things I find odd is some of them require a membership fee. Also, what goes on at these things? I tried reading about it online, but not much is coming up. OUKatie talks about it all the time, and it sounds awesome.

My group was 25 bucks for the year, which covers small activities. We still have to pay for larger functions, like we're having a family lunch w Santa this Sunday at a nice restaurant.

They have various activities, play groups, member socials and moms nights out that i can chose from. It's alright....i'm still meeting everyone here and there. Some are nice, some are holier then thou!
    imageimageimage
    married 8.9.08
    jackson thomas. 8.9.12

• I actually joined one and have yet to go to one meeting for one simple and totally judgemental reason. The group was on our local news channel for a Halloween story and the women they interviewed were just not my type. I know I know that sounds horrible. The ladies on the news seemed very upper scale suburban housewife, and im very midle scale cowboy boots and ball cap type of person. If you walk out of my back yard your going to get attacked by ducks and chickens.

I just have a fear of rejection and not fitting in that I need to get over. I also need to quit judging books by their covers. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• So I just emailed a local MOPS group and they are all booked until possibly January. I guess this is more popular than I thought.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"