Trouble TTC

Get your Vitamin D!

So I just called some bloodwork back from a dift medical appt and am low in vitamin D. So naturally I wanted to see if there was a connection between vitamin D and fertility and stumbled across the statistic that 93% of infertile women are low in D3.

https://natural-fertility-info.com/fertility-vitamin-d.html

Prenatal vitamins are not usually sufficient for D. Mine only has 25% RDA. Take your supplements, ladies!

35yo, DH 40, 5 yrs TTTC. Normal HSG and SA. Challenge is low ovarian reserve (AMH=.16) due to moderate endo. Two laps, 2 IUIs with injectables, no baby. Trying first IVF cycle 4/13. Actively seeking egg donor.

Re: Get your Vitamin D!

• That is very interesting. Do you happen to know how much they recommend for fertility? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC since April 2010
    Diagnosed w/PCOS as a teen
    Aug 2011 dx MFI
    Oct 2011 referral to RE 1500mg Met
    5 Rounds of Clomid
    On waiting list for injects/IUI
    P/SAIF Welcome
  • The reason why a lot of people are deficient is because the best source is 10to 15 minutes in the sun between 10am2pm, which is when most people are inside working.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah I think that the majority of people in general are vitamin D deficient, not just women with infertility. It's a suspected culprit for many health issues. My pcp recommended that I take a supplement because my level was low too so I take a calcium and vit D supplement in addition to my prenatal.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• I would just take whatever is 100% RDA. The general population has a problem yes, though that high?! I'm going the calcium/vit D supplement route also. I have a UV light box as well.

35yo, DH 40, 5 yrs TTTC. Normal HSG and SA. Challenge is low ovarian reserve (AMH=.16) due to moderate endo. Two laps, 2 IUIs with injectables, no baby. Trying first IVF cycle 4/13. Actively seeking egg donor.
  • Thank you for this information.  I have been trying to research natural ways to improve fertility.  I feel like I keep taking different kinds of prescriptions and want to be sure I am putting all the right things in my body to give them the best chance to work in the shortest amount of time.  I am already taking a prenatal, but will look for a calcium with vitamin D supplement to add. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That is interesting... I have hashimotots/hypothyroid and was complaining to my Endo about leg cramps I was getting.  She tested my Vitamin D and I was well below normal. She said many of her hypo female patients are low.  I started vitamin D supplements on top of my Prenatal about a month ago.  I will have to ask my RE about any connection to IF. 
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• imagesunflowers4AC:
    The reason why a lot of people are deficient is because the best source is 10to 15 minutes in the sun between 10am2pm, which is when most people are inside working.

Hmm, interesting. I don't know if I'm low on D, but I do get about 30 minutes of sun 5 days a week around noon when my students have "outside time." Thanks for sharing.

TTC from May 2011 to Jan 2013. Due 9/11/13
  • Good to know! I'm sure I'm not getting enough from being outside. If you're looking for a multivitamin that has a lot of vitamin D, Vitafusion women's gummies from Target have 200 percent RDA, which surprised me. Are there other natural boosts for fertility? I know folic acid is important when ttc, but not any others.
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• My acupuncturist said this too!
    Me:30 low AMH; DH:30 MFI (count, motility, morphology)
    2 rounds clomid 100 mg -BFN
    IUI#1- 25 mg clomid- July 2012= BFN!
    IUI #2 August = BFN!
    IUI #3 September = BFN!

IVF #1 November - converted to IUI #4 due to poor response = BFN
    IVF #1.2 February- converted to IUI #5 due to poor response = BFN
    IVF #1.3 April- micro dose Lupron flare with HGH; 14R, 13M, 11F! Transfer of 1 day 5 blast on 4/30, 4 frosties. BFP! Beta #1 9dp5dt= 179; Beta #2 11dp5dt= 442; Beta #3 4106 Stick baby stick!!

*trying to keep hope*

• Very interesting! Thank you!
    After 1.5 years TTC, IUI #2= BFP 12/2/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"And the dream that you dare to dream really do come true"

• Yay! Glad to hear you want to give it a try. This makes me want to post about the other "natural" thing I swear by. Stay tuned!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"