June 2013 Moms
Options

Bragging on DH (warning blood in post)

I have to brag on my hubs. 2 nights ago I was making dinner and slicing zucchini on my mandolin. Wouldn't you know it, I stop paying attention for 2 seconds like a moron and slice the tip of my middle finger straight off. I didn't even feel it for the first few minutes, I was too afraid to look at it, but I felt the blood trickling down my hands. My phone was in the other room and I didn't want to get blood everywhere (lol ridiculous I know, but apparently I'm very worried about cleanliness when I'm in shock/intense pain) so I just sat on the floor and bled into the sink until my hubby came home. Only a few minutes had passed and I started praying he would get home soon. I hadn't even finished my prayer and I looked up and saw his headlights in the driveway. I had kept my cool until this point, but the second he walked in the door I burst into tears. So my poor husband sees me bawling leaning over a sink covered in blood. 

Here's where the bragging starts. He completely went into "dad" mode. Cleaned and inspected my finger, searched through the zucchini to find the tip of my finger to see how much it was (gross I know) then he ran to Walgreens for iodine, neosporin, gauze and tape. He taped it up so sweetly, right after he took a few photos to show his buddies (I'll let it slide) then he made me relax on the couch and surprised me with a Coke! It may not seem like much but Coke is my love language and it was just sweet that in the heat of the moment he thought of that.

All this to say, I got a glimpse of the future and what a good dad he will be. Especially since I'm completely useless (I still haven't looked at my cut) and it made me realize with a little one on the way, I really need to figure out where my nearest minor emergency is.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bragging on DH (warning blood in post)

• Options
    Maybe it's my hormones or maybe I really am that much of a sap, but my eyes watered. Haha very sweet of him!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Good man!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageAEN1029:
    Maybe it's my hormones or maybe I really am that much of a sap, but my eyes watered. Haha very sweet of him!

haha,yes, me too. "Coke is my love language"... I love it! 

BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    imageAEN1029:
    Mine did too!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That's awesome.  I love those kind of moments!  Hope your finger heals quickly!!
    photo bffbc5ae-9d71-4881-9c49-419ebb53d956_zps9ce18766.jpg BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just came in here to see how blood and bragging about DH went together, and came away warm and fuzzy :) I skipped over the gory details though!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Blood and "dad mode" don't work for my husband.  He's great if I'm in a crisis (calm, cool, collected), but if it's our DS he gets really panicky.  

Funny Story:  DS was playing in the living room when he was 4 and jumped over a chair and hit his forehead on the corner of a table.  It made a 2 inch wide open gash  right above his eyes.  I was cleaning up the blood and sent DH to get ice for it... meaning the kid's ice pack we have in the freezer... NOT a 2 pound bag of frozen potatoes.  He came running back all panicky and I just looked at him and had to laugh since the bag was easily twice the size of our son's head.  I showed him the boo boo pack for next time :)

DS remembers that and when his dad cut his finger he said "I'll get the potatoes dad".  DH will never live that down now :P

Me: Endometriosis, PCOS, Insulin Resistance, Estrogen Dominance, Irregular Cycles
    DH:  100% Abnormal Sperm Morphology
     BFP #1 (Surprise!)  "Monkey"- 09/16/2006. DS born 06/01/2007.   
    BFP #2  "Quinn" EDD 06/21/13- MMC @ 8 weeks - Disc. 12/12/12 @ 13w0d 
    BFP #3  "Luna" EDD 03/31/14- MC 07/29/13 @ 5 w0d 
    BFP #4  "Star" EDD 07/06/14- MC 11/28/13 @ 8 weeks
    BFP #5 "Baby J"- 02/07/14. DS born 10/29/2014 My Rainbow!
    ~Everyone Welcome~

• Options
    Your husband is adorable and I love that Coke is your love language HAHA!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    That's so sweet. I love my dh but he is no good when it comes to blood or needles.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagenyahsbabyblues:
    Blood and "dad mode" don't work for my husband. nbsp;He's great if I'm in a crisis calm, cool, collected, but if it's our DS he gets really panicky. nbsp;nbsp;Funny Story: nbsp;DS was playing in the living room when he was 4 and jumped over a chair and hit his forehead on the corner of a table. nbsp;It made a 2 inch wide open gash nbsp;right above his eyes. nbsp;I was cleaning up the blood and sent DH to get ice for it... meaning the kid's ice pack we have in the freezer... NOT a 2 pound bag of frozen potatoes. nbsp;He came running back all panicky and I just looked at him and had to laugh since the bag was easily twice the size of our son's head. nbsp;I showed him the boo boo pack for next time :DS remembers that and when his dad cut his finger he said "I'll get the potatoes dad". nbsp;DH will never live that down now :P

Sorry but i totally LOL.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I love 'becoming a daddy moments" It's been fun to watch DH begin to becoem more dad like. 

What great dads they all will be.  

• Options
    LOL, can I say the exact same thing happened to me but with a knife and potatoes! I even sat there until hubby came home then starting crying! He (terrified of blood) wrapped me up and we went to the hospital. No stitched TG! I came home and my mother had come over and was standing at the pile of potatoes sifting looking for the skin! Lol....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"