October 2012 Moms

How to get LO to bed earlier?

Mobile: How to get LO to bed earlier? I know she's only 6 weeks so it's pretty impossible to get her on a schedule, but she's been wide awake past midnight for the past week. Prior to Thanksgiving, we had her going down at 9-10ish. Then we were out of town for the holiday, busy visiting lots of people and didn't get her to bed until late. Now she seems to be stuck. I keep the lights on, shades open, tv on, etc. during the day so that she knows the difference between day and night. She's awake some during the day and naps a lot and I BF every 2-3 hours, but then beginning at early evening she's her most awake. Last night I didn't get her to fall asleep until 1am. Then she'll sleep 6-7 hours straight, which is good since I can sleep, but it's going to be a disaster when I have to go back to work in two weeks! I think I just need to shift her day earlier...I know she'll be fussy at night still and awake, but if I can get her to sleep at an earlier time, I don't care how much she's awake beforehand! Any ideas? Do I wake her up earlier in the day (but I don't like waking a sleeping baby or me for that matter lol) so she doesn't sleep 6-7 hours in a row to get her day reset? I've tried bathing her close to bedtime, white noise, keeping the house completely dark, massage--I just can't get her sleepy earlier and I'm cursing ourselves for screwing up her bedtime! Any advice or tips?

Re: How to get LO to bed earlier?

• Start a night time routine so she knows that sleep is coming, then every two days start your evening routine 30 min earlier til you get her to the time that works best for you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks--I'll be starting this tonight!
  • Loading the player...
  • I just posted almost the same exact thing on 0 to 3. I wish more people would respond...I really want to fix this!! Probably just one of those things that will adjust over time, I suppose.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know--but I guess I could have worse problems.  She's not fussy much and a pretty easygoing baby.  At least I'm getting larger chunks of sleep at night--I just can't keep awake at night with her!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"