3rd Trimester

How are you dealing with NBR stress?

It usually takes a lot to stress me out or make emotional because I'm not particularly sensitive. And I've been blessed in life; I've never anything major to worry about.  However, my mother has been diagnosed with a potentially fatal illness and I can't help it, I'm so broken down emotionally that I find it very hard to "enjoy" my last days of pregnancy. I'm not even interested in baby stuff that much. It sucks! I feel so guilty for this LO, that her mommy is not really into it these days. And now I'm afraid of PP depression.

How are you dealing with your NBR drama?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: How are you dealing with NBR stress?

• When I was pg with DD we received a terminal cancer diagnosis for my grandfather (I was raised by my grandparents so he was my "daddy"). It was hard and I had good & bad days. It is normal to be worried/upset/grieving and I had to let myself off the hook on those days. It didn't mean I loved my DD any less but for awhile there I couldn't focus on my pregnancy or her. We couldn't afford a therapist at the time but luckily my BFF let me cry/whine/talk to her anytime I needed. I'm sure I drove her nuts but I had to get it out! ;) Getting out of the house helped too.....staying home just made me focus on the bad. Getting away from reality for a bit by going to the movies (comedy!) also helped. The biggest thing was just accepting that I didn't HAVE to focus 100% of the time on my pregnancy. It didn't make me a bad soon-to-be mom. Once I dropped that guilt I was able to process my other feelings easier (if that makes any sense!). 

::Hugs:: It sucks :( 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • HORRIBLY. I'm 37 weeks. We had an international move at 21 weeks and our belongings have not yet been released from the port... including baby car seat and all the newborn things we need, so we aren't even moved into our new place. At least twice a week I break down about wanting to go home. I feel like I haven't even been able to process baby coming soon or the fact that I'm even pregnant, because we have NOTHING ready for her. I feel awful, because I am not really enjoying my pregnancy. I don't want my baby to be affected by that.

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. The way you are feeling is normal, though. That would be hard to process pregnant or not. I'll try to remember you and her in my prayers and hope for healing. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • horribly! I broke down the other day about actually having to budget for Christmas this year(the last two years DH has been deployed which meant less money spent on his food not to mention gas to get him to work, and also getting separation pay and that extra money made a big difference) and I told DH that I wish he was deployed so we had money, it totally wasn't true, and when I looked back it was so stupid because I want him more than I want money anyways, but yeah, I haven't been handling stress very well at all.

OP I couldn't imagine going through what you are right now, I would definitely let yourself grieve, and find someone to talk to about it, be it professional or not, you need someone to listen and help you process this.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I definitely know what you're going through.. a couple months ago DH and I's best friend since we were kids died of cancer. It was really tough at first.. everything sent me into sobfest (as if pregnancy itself didn't do that enough all on its own). 

Not too long after is when I went into my crazy nesting mode. Like I was absolutely crazy.. you name something that could possibly be cleaned/organized and I have done it, probably a few times. My DH mentioned it to my OB cause he thought I'd gone off the deep end and my Dr said that I was probably channeling my grief but also my anxiety/excitement for baby into my nesting all at once and that's why it was so extreme. 

Honestly though it really helped me, I feel like myself again. I was able to kind of get out everything into cleaning and what not and not have a real melt down. And plus I have an impeccably clean house now ;)  

image image
    DD#1 12.26.12 | DD#2 EDD: 5.4.15
  • I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. My step dad was diagnosed with a brain tumor during my last pregnancy 34 weeks and the stress of everything sent me into preterm labor. Luckily my daughter was born perfectly healthy just shy of 35 weeks, but it was still a lot to handle.

This time my step dad just passed away after fighting the brain tumors for over two years when I was around 29 wks. It is very upsetting and a stressful time but I allow my two year old and four year old to remind me of what I still have. They have definitely helped me through this.
  • I am sorry you're going through this.  I agree that it might be beneficial to talk to someone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"