November 2012 Moms
Options

FFFC anyone?

Is everybody doing a lot of things worth confessing due to either sleep deprivation or extreme discomfort?

LMK
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FFFC anyone?

• Options
    imagerdmitten:
    I ate EL Fudge cookies for breakfast because it took less time than to make oatmeal. Not my fault though, we're out of everything else I could have eaten.

I ate one oats n honey granola bar and two snack crackers so far for breakfast because we also are out of everything else.

My confession.
    I'm over a month out pp with a pretty easy baby, and I still just don't get much done around the house in the way of laundry, dishes, and cooking dinner. I don't try hard enough. I have enough time that I could do most of these things, maybe not 100percent, but more than I'm doing now.

• Options
    It's not so much a confession as just admitting embarrassing moments, but I have two:

Every morning, I text my SO a picture of Bird with the caption Good Morning Daddy, because I know he's still adjusting to being back to work and it makes him smile. Well today, half asleep, I texted the picture and caption to my ex. The one I broke up with right after meeting my SO last December. That took a bit of explaining. Whoops.

Also, Bird and I walked down to my favorite bakery for coffee and a cranberry apple turnover for mommy. It was the first time in the ring sling for Bird, and I didn't realize how great his range of motion would be. I was talking to the cashier and noticed he was staring at the baby. When I looked down to see what was so fascinating, I realized he had worked his hands into my tank top and pulled it down, exposing my leaking boob for God knows how long.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This morning I was so tired that I called my son by my BIL's name instead. DH and I just stood there for a moment then shook our heads. In all fairness they both start with the letter D!.  But it is really weird to tell "BIL's name" not to pee on you.

I also have found that I am saying things that seem perfectly normal to me in the moment only to have DH look at me strange.

Conversations with my son while breastfeeding.

"You love the boobie", "Eat the boobie", "Attack the boobie" (He does this head shake then clamps down, reminds me of shark attack on shark week) "Don't worry mommy will always give you the boobie" (Because he growls/grunts if I shift positions while feeding)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am moving my UO over here because I was late to the party and it is more of a FFC.

I just wish the ped would snip Audrey's tongue tie. I dont want to wait to see if there is a speech problem, I know we are BFing fine (ish). I just want her to be able to stick her tongue out if she wants to. What happens if all is fine and come kindergarten she cant even stick her tongue out and kids make fun of her?

I know I am over thinking this.

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Baby girl was really fussy yesterday and I just wanted to go to bed, and I actually said *wtf baby* to her and  then I felt kinda bad about it...
    Pregnancy Ticker

photo 9c28f28c-5aae-4b20-8f02-ea27ec37f516_zpsdaed06b5.jpg
  • Options

imagerachael_c26:
    My confession. I'm over a month out pp with a pretty easy baby, and I still just don't get much done around the house in the way of laundry, dishes, and cooking dinner. I don't try hard enough. I have enough time that I could do most of these things, maybe not 100percent, but more than I'm doing now.

I am queen of the "hurry up and get *** done quick" club. DH gets home at 4pm and I quickly do something so he walks in the house and sees me in action.

Yesterday I heard him pull in the driveway so I picked up the laundry basket and timed it so I was walking by when he walked in the door.

The day before I was running the vacuum when he walked in.

The day before, I was dusting.

One of our prime nap times is until 3:30 Stick out tongue

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

• Options
    imageBarooGirl:

I am moving my UO over here because I was late to the party and it is more of a FFC.

I just wish the ped would snip Audrey's tongue tie. I dont want to wait to see if there is a speech problem, I know we are BFing fine (ish). I just want her to be able to stick her tongue out if she wants to. What happens if all is fine and come kindergarten she cant even stick her tongue out and kids make fun of her?

My cousin snipped her son's tongue for the same reason, and so he could BF easier. Now, at 5, you can barely understand him and he's in speech therapy. Not to be a Debbie Downer, just saying.. might be better she gets made fun of for not being able to stick her tongue out than for having a speech impediment. :/

• Options
    imagejoliebebe:
    imageBarooGirl:

My cousin snipped her son's tongue for the same reason, and so he could BF easier. Now, at 5, you can barely understand him and he's in speech therapy. Not to be a Debbie Downer, just saying.. might be better she gets made fun of for not being able to stick her tongue out than for having a speech impediment. :/

Ah, didnt know that this was a possibility. Now I understand why waiting is a good thing. Thank you for the otherside I didnt even know about.

• Options

imagerachael_c26:
    My confession. I'm over a month out pp with a pretty easy baby, and I still just don't get much done around the house in the way of laundry, dishes, and cooking dinner. I don't try hard enough. I have enough time that I could do most of these things, maybe not 100percent, but more than I'm doing now.

This is me as well. I'm a month PP and the laundry pile is ridiculous. If it wasn't for DH, the dish pile would be as well. And he's gone grocery shopping every time since I've had her. I could try so much harder.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My FFC: Ironmom's SO is HOTTT! I may or may not have looked at that picture twice... And he makes cute babies. Clearly the top of the gene pool. Keep him!

• Options
    imageCandaceLeigh:
    My FFC: Ironmom's SO is HOTTT! I may or may not have looked at that picture twice... And he makes cute babies. Clearly the top of the gene pool. Keep him!

Haha I would agree with that! I think I'll keep him around. I remember the first time I saw him, I looked at my friend and said "DIBS!" The best part is I was in a sweatshirt and jeggings with no makeup on and my hair all a mess, and he thought I was out of his league. He has no idea how cute he is, or why he's so popular at the mom groups!
  • Options

Another.

I've been singing David Allen Coe's "You Never Even Call Me by My Name" to Cu for the past few days. If you don't know the words of that section, the only part I have been singing, it goes like this:

I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison and I went to pick her up in the rain. But before I could get to the station in my pick-up truck, she got run over by a damned ol' train!

Surprise

• Options
    Ironmom, that is hilllllarious!

Mr. Finn also does the shark attack, it's my favorite.

I half pretended to still be asleep last night when DH came upstairs so that he would deal with folding and putting away the laundry. He also changed DS, bonus!!

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

I've got 2:

1) I pretend to be asleep probably once every other night so DH will get up and change M before bringing him to me to eat.   

2) I, our 1 yr old, has access to the tupperware cabinet and throws them all over the kitchen floor. I get so tired of picking it up that I've just started stepping over all of it. 

I: November 2011 
    M: November 2012
  • Options

My family was talking about the lottery the other day, and they asked me what I would do with all that money. I told them I would move away with LO - ideally to another country/buy my own island - and not tell them where I was going. They laughed.. I wasn't joking. I feel kind of guilty, but I get tired of the comments like:

"Breastfeeding isn't THAT hard."

"No, you need to do THIS."

I just want to run away and never come back! I mean, who wouldn't want to live in a beautiful European city, in a villa with a maid so you'd never have to clean spit up/pee/poop out of clothing, furniture, or linens ever again! Ah well. I didn't win. Crying

• Options
    I kinda hate breast feeding. I feel bad saying that because we've been doing really well and I'm very thankful for being so lucky, but my boobs hurt, my back hurts, and V tends to cluster feed before bed. I have no intention of quitting anytime soon, but it's not my favorite thing.
    imageimage imageimage
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagepersephonerose:

"You love the boobie", "Eat the boobie", "Attack the boobie" (He does this head shake then clamps down, reminds me of shark attack on shark week) "Don't worry mommy will always give you the boobie" (Because he growls/grunts if I shift positions while feeding)

My son does that, too.  I always call him a hungry gerbil when he does it. ;)

My FFFC is that when I read birth stories where people pushed twice and had their LOs, I kind of want to kick them.  I pushed for 2 hours and 40 minutes.  Sorry to those of you who got that lucky, but...  Yeah, I wanna kick ya. Stick out tongue

Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • Options

Oh, here's another.  I was telling my husband about "Go the F*** to Sleep" as read by Samuel L. Jackson because he'd never heard of it.  I found a video of it on YouTube and played it for my husband while we were putting LO to sleep.

LO slept for a 4 hour stretch after that.  Hard to feel guilty about playing that where he could hear it when the 4 hour stretch felt so amazing!  

Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • Options
    I have a severe problem with making ring slings. I made one for me, but it was all jungle animals, and that's not very manly. So I made one for SO with Star Wars fabric he picked out. Then I had some extra fabric at my parents' house, so I made another. Then I went to Hobby Lobby and I had a coupon, so I bought fabric to make a Christmas one and one that matches my dress that I'm wearing to a big holiday party.

It's normal to have like 15 slings, right?

I need a craft intervention. They take less than an episode of Oprah's Next Chapter to make, I can't stop!
  • Options
    imageironmom5:
    I have a severe problem with making ring slings.

Linky to a pattern?

• Options

imagerachael_c26:
    imageironmom5:
    Linky to a pattern?

https://www.slingrings.com/npatterns.php

This is the site I buy my rings from, and she has a listing of links to patterns for several styles.  So far, I mostly do either the pleated or the "hot dog" style.  There's also a youtube video for a no sew style, but I haven't found the right fabric to try that one yet.

• Options
    My work approved 16 weeks of maternity leave, all unpaid, but I want all the time we can afford with LO when he gets here.  However, when the scheduler interpreted this on the calendar, she just figured 16 weeks = 4 months and since my leave starts Monday - the first work day of December, she just took me off the schedule through April 8th.  Which is 18 weeks...and I'm not saying a thing!  :)
    Brought home an extra special souvenir from vacation! Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageironmom5:

imagerachael_c26:
    imageironmom5:
    Linky to a pattern?

https://www.slingrings.com/npatterns.php

This is the site I buy my rings from, and she has a listing of links to patterns for several styles.  So far, I mostly do either the pleated or the "hot dog" style.  There's also a youtube video for a no sew style, but I haven't found the right fabric to try that one yet.

How much would you charge to make me one?

• Options
    My 20-month-old is running around completely naked. She is not potty trained. I've put diapers, pull-ups, and undies on her and they all have come off in a matter of minutes. I give up. Run naked, kid. Whatever. Mummy gives up!
    3 girls, ages 7, 3, and 1. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options

Ok...another.

I met up with my mom today to get out of the house. Well she ended up just dropping me back home a little later. I wasn't too concerned with getting my car until tomorrow since DH took this weekend off so we would have his truck, butttt... I found out my parents were eating dinner close to our house so I had them come pick me up so I could go back to their house and drive my car back home.

Why?

I told DH it was because, "What if something happens and we need the car?"

Huh?

Real reason: I remembered I bought a bag of Funyuns earlier and they were sitting in my passenger seat. I wanted them. Embarrassed

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"