August 2011 Moms

Mommy time!

Mil & fil came and picked up Lj on their way home from dinner. Mil was going to watch her tomorrow anyway while I went to get my hair done. I'm pretty relieved that I don't have to back track after I drop her off. Now, I'm enjoying a quite bubble bath without Lj trying to get in with me! 

Does everyone allow their LO's to spend the night off? How often if so? 

Olivia June BFP 12/26/10 EDD 09/01/11 Birthday 08/02/11

BFP 12/25/12 EDD 09/06/13 M/C, 01/02/13

BFP 01/28/13 EDD 10/08/13 STICK BABY!

Pregnancy Ticker

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." Romans 12:12

Re: Mommy time!

• The only time I've left DS overnight is when I went to meet DH when he came back from deployment. It was supposed to be for two nights, but his plane was delayed and we had to stay through the weekend since the base closed before he could out-process. It was five nights, I think. He stayed with my mom, but we'd been living with her anyway.

We don't live near family, and I don't know who else I would leave him with.

Enjoy your night off - sounds glorious!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thank you goes to your dh for his service. To you to, of course. I know it must be difficult during deployment along with all the other things service families go through!

My il's are about 5 minutes away and my parents are about 10 minutes. Lj doesn't spend the night off often but it's nice to have time to catch up on things around the house and craft.

Olivia June BFP 12/26/10 EDD 09/01/11 Birthday 08/02/11

BFP 12/25/12 EDD 09/06/13 M/C, 01/02/13

BFP 01/28/13 EDD 10/08/13 STICK BABY!

Pregnancy Ticker

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." Romans 12:12

• Loading the player...
  • I wish! I am very jealous of your night sans kiddo. I hope you enjoy every second of it!

My mom really is the only one I'd feel comfortable leaving her with, and she lives 2 hours away :( However, DH's office Christmas party is going to be an overnight so she is coming over to watch the girls while we're gone. Wheeeee!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DD has spent the night maybe 3 times with my parents.  They are about 20 minutes away, and they want her to spend the night like once a week.  When my mom watches her on Mondays while we go to work, she will have to spend the night there because my mom is NOT a morning person and can't get to my house on time for me to leave for work.  And having DD at her house will save us all the stress of running late in the morning.  That will be about twice a month, which I think it a lot and makes me kinda sad . . .
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My mom takes DS overnight on a regular basis for us.  I was about once a month before I got pregnant again, but it has increased to once a week now that I have weekly OB appts.  My mom takes him for the night and then my grandma watches him at mom's house until I get out of my (early am) OB appt.  It makes it SO much easier for me.  Plus I'm sure it will make it easier on DS when I'm in the hospital for a few days when DD is born.  As a SAHM he has me 24/7 and I would be super concerned/worried about him not having me around for so long. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lucky! Sounds like a great night off!

We have yet to leave DD with anyone else overnight.  She really just started to STTN consistently when we started to wean around 11-12 months.  Before that she was still getting up once a night to nurse, and never took a bottle. 

While my ILs are super anxious to have her sleep over at their place, she does not do well when we sleep away from home in general.  She always ends up in bed with DH and I, so we don't really want to try the first overnight with her at someone else's house.  DH and I would like to try an overnight with someone staying here, but my ILs didn't seem to keen on the idea.  I think we might give it a try after the holidays with my mom, who wouldn't mind staying at our place.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"