Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Tummy time

My DS is 12 week old and he hates tummy time. He use to scream until I pick him up usually with 2 mins but now he is scutching up his legs and dragging his face on the floor and screaming and crying. Picture a caterpillar with dragging his face. He has yet to roll over. Any tips on getting him to like tummy time. 

Re: Tummy time

• My son is 12 weeks old too. He does the same thing. He holds his head up great but he hates tummy time. I am just hoping that he starts liking it as he gets older.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Poor little guy!  Hehe didn't mean to laugh but your visual of a caterpillar was funny. DD hates tummy time, too.  She is more tolerant now though with me laying on the ground and playing with toys for her to look at.  It keeps her entertained for a little bit.  I've heard of other people propping LO up on the boppy so they're on more of an incline and their face isn't planting into the floor (LO would have the boppy under his armpits if that makes sense).  I am going to try that, too.  Good luck :)
  • Loading the player...
  • DS2 is also 12wks and loves tummy time for about 2minutes then he is done. Unless my first son lays in front of him and tries to share toys...Have you tried laying in front of him and talk to him. or show him some toys to keep his head up even for a few seconds?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We started doing tummy time on the Boppy for a while and it really helped. She likes it on the mat now. In fact she rolled over belly to back last night for the 1st time! She turned 11 weeks today. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"