New to The Bump
Options

New to the bump! What's the "lingo"on here??

Hello!  I noticed in a bunch of posts that people use different acronyms to describe their baby, husband, etc... I feel silly asking this, kind of like I should know already, but can somebody give the the "low-down" on all of this, a. so I understand and b. so I can get on board with you all?

Thanks!! Smile

Re: New to the bump! What's the "lingo"on here??

• Options

I'm new too, but here is what I have figured out:

DS - son

DD - daughter

DH - husband 

AP - attachment parenting

BCP - birth control pill

TTC - trying to conceive

DX: Hashimoto's - August 2012

Me:30 / DH: 31

BFP#1 after 15 cycles on 12/1/2013 EDD 8/7/2014

Anniversary

• Options

Just found this in another bumpies bio:

AE: Alternate Ego

AF: Aunt Flo(w)A/S: Anatomy ScanAW: Attention WhoreBC(P) : Birth Control (Pills)BF: BreastfedBFN: Big Fat (F*cking) NegativeBFP: Big Fat (F*cking) PositiveBM: Breast MilkBSC: Bat Sh*t CrazyCD: Cloth Diapers/DiaperingCIO: Cry It OutDC: Dear/Darling ChildDD: Dear/Darling Daughter DD: Dirty Delete(d) if referred to a post/response DF: Dear FianceDH: Dear HusbandDS : Dear/Darling SonEBF: Exclusively BreastfedEFF: Exclusively Formula Fed or Eco Friendly Family (board)ETA: Edit to The AboveEP: Exclusively PumpFF: Formula FedFFFC: Flame-Free Friday ConfessionFFS: For F*cks SakeFTFY: Fixed That For YouFTM: First Time MomFTR: For The RecordF/U: Follow UpFWIW: For What It?s WorthGBCB: Good Bye Cruel BumpGBCN: Good Bye Cruel NestGB(Y) : God Bless(You)GTG : Get TogetherHTH: Hope That HelpsIDK: I Don't KnowIIRC: If I Recall CorrectlyIHO: In Honor OfIMO: In My OpinionIMHO: In My Humble OpinionIRL: In Real LifeITA: I Totally AgreeJMHO: Just My Humble OpinionKTFO: Knocked The F*ck OutKTFU: Knocked The F*ck UpKU: Knocked Up KWIM: Know What I MeanLIP: Link In PostLO: Little OneMUD: Made Up DramaNBR: Not Baby RelatedNFT: No Further TextNIP: Nurse In PublicNMS: Not My StyleNTS: Nuchal Translucency ScanOOT: Out Of TownOTOH: On The Other HandP&R: Puppies & RainbowsPITA: Pain In The A$$PIB: Picture In BioPIP: Picture In PostPIS: Picture In Signature (Sig/Siggy)PM: Private MessagePNP: Pack and PlayPOAS: Pee On a StickPOTW: Picture Of The WeekPP: PostPartum or Previous PosterPPD: PostPartum DepressionPPH: Pink Puffy HeartPH: Puffy HeartPSA: Public Service AnnouncementSAHD: Stay At Home DadSAHM: Stay At Home MomSFL: Save For LaterSO: Significant OtherS/O: Speaking OfSTD: Short Term DisabilitySTFU: Shut The F*ck UpSTM: Second Time MomSTTN: Sleeping Through The NightTIA: Thanks In AdvanceTMI: Too Much InformationUO: Unpopular OpinionWAHD: Work At Home DadWAHM: Work At Home MomWDYT: What Do You ThinkWOHD: Work Outside Home DadWOHM: Work Outside Home MomWWYD: What Would You DoXP: Cross PostYGM: You've Got MailYGPM: You've Got a Private MessageYKWIM: You Know What I MeanYWIA: You?re Welcome In Advance
    DX: Hashimoto's - August 2012

Me:30 / DH: 31

BFP#1 after 15 cycles on 12/1/2013 EDD 8/7/2014

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you both!! :)
  • Options
    On the left side at the bottom of the page there's a link to the bump glossary. It helps a lot.

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"