Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Britax Carseats

Marathon or Roundabout??  We can't decide between the two.

Re: Britax Carseats

• I don't have a Roundabout so I don't know about that, but I have two Marathons and love them.  I couldn't figure out what made the RB worth more money.  Just my two cents.
  • We have the Roundabout.  My daughter is 15 months so we still have her rear facing.  I have 2 complaints....the fabric frayed a bit when I washed the cover and it is VERY difficult to loosen and tighten the straps when in rear facing position.  This may be because of the make of my car.  I have a Grand Am. The strap seems to be tight between the seat and the carseat.  Other than these two things I LOVE it. She is comfy, it is easy to install and you can purchase a drink holder for it and put it on either side.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I own them both and love them. Actually, I have 2 Classic Marathons, a Roundabout 50, and 2 Boulevard 70s. They are great seats, and super easy to install.

I wouldn't recommend them if your kid is pretty tall though. There are many other seats that have taller shells for less money.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageSuperCuteBenz:

I wouldn't recommend them if your kid is pretty tall though. There are many other seats that have taller shells for less money.

Like what?  I have a Britax so far and I can't say I love it.  Or even like it.  My LO is taller but not super tall....like 70-80th percentile.  Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The Graco My Size 70/Size 4 Me 70 is the tallest rear facing seat on the market right now. Unfortunately, a lot of people have been having harness issues with them though, so if you purchase one keep your receipt for sure.

The Evenfo Triumph 65, First Years True Fit, Safety 1st Complete Air are all good choices as well.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We have two Roundabouts and they have been great. No complaints
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My friend was in a roll over accident going 65 miles an hour.  The car rolled three times.  Baby was in a Marathon, not a scratch on her.  Just saying.  She immediately ordered another Marathon after the accident.
    Carrie An infertility veteran, survivor and champion. However, have a beautiful son and another one on the way!
  • We have both the Marathon 70 and Roundabout 55. The Roundabout has less bells and whistles, but I sometimes feel it's easier to get a better harness fit since there isn't as much padding. I have no real complaints with either. DD fits well in them now, but I do worry about how much longer she will be in them since she is 99th percentile for height. When researching I wasn't educated enough to look at the seat to shoulder height.

• Can't speak to the Marathon, but we have a Roundabout and really like it!  I think in the grand scheme of pita car seats it's fairly easy to get LO in and out of.  It seems pretty secure; it's received some really good reviews and ratings, too.  I found ours online for a lot cheaper than it was selling in stores (I think Amazon and diapers.com).  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"