April 2012 Moms
Options

Whooping Cough

Two weeks ago I took my LO to the doctor because I thought she had a cold. I love my doctor and trust his opinion. He told me that it was just drainage from teething. So ...

Here we are two weeks later and my niece along with a close family friend who both see my niece at least 4 days a week for extended periods of time have Whooping Cough!! 

I called the doc right away. She is up on the shots for it but there are still 2 she isn't old enough for. They put her on the meds to contain it...I am watching her like a hawk. 

Anyone else know what to watch or things that may help??

Thanks

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Whooping Cough

• Options

we were tested for it a few weeks ago. Didn't your dr want to do the test? The bad news is that once it's contagious when you don't have symptoms yet.

We took the abx for 2 days until our results came back negative (it takes 3-5 days). We were told to use steam in the bathroom, humidifier, vicks, sleep elevated (we had him in bouncer), and to make sure he doesn't stop breathing when coughing at night.

It was a super stressful week but it passed. Basically if she has it- antibiotics and time are all you can do.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"