Late Term and Child Loss
Options

"Love is Forever" Birthstone Color Ornaments *updated @ bottom*

I didn't get to the ornament exchange in time and I've been searching for the perfect ornament for Lillian this Christmas and nothing really seemed to hit me. I have put in a request at Skye Blue for a memorial one, but I won't receive it in time for the holidays, with her being due in a few weeks. While I was crying at work yesterday and looking for support groups (which by the way aren't easy to find and I still haven't been sucessful) I stumbled upon The Commpassionate Friends webpage and on the very front, right side are these ornaments. They are hand blown glass ornaments in the birthstone colors. I have always wanted to do a glass blowing class so they immediately caught my attention. I want to get one for all 4 of us. I wish there was a way to have them personalized with a name or something, even thought it would be cool if a slip of paper with name and DOB could be inside of it. They are pretty pricey, IMO, but I'm also a bit on the cheap side...I think I'm still goind to get them anyway.

I wanted to share with everyone and I think we should all share great finds or resources with each other on here. So please post some of yours, you never know who it may help!

https://www.compassionatefriends.org/resources/Store/RemembranceOrnaments.aspx

*update* Just wanted to let everyone know that the 6 in. ornaments are huge, the lady said they weigh about 14 oz. and are really big, I'm guessing like the size that you would put on a tree outside. The 2 in. ones are the traditional size like a pack of 12 ornaments would be. I just ordered all 4 of ours and August is running on back order but they should have in a week (it's mine so it's okay) but I requested they ship them all together, otherwise it sounded like the get mailed right away.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"