August 2012 Moms
Options

Cipro - Also on BF board

I'm taking Cipro for a bladder infection and my doctor (family physician not a pedi or ob) told me I couldn't take Cipro and bf, so I've been pumping and dumping and using a stored milk and formula combo that has LO screaming his freaking head off. I asked doctor google and it seems the academy of pediatrics says it's ok to bf while on cipro, but the drugs website says not too because of a test done on beagle puppies. Can anyone direct me to a reliable source of info about what I should be doing here? Cipro is an L3 according to Kellymom.

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Cipro - Also on BF board

• Options

I'd call an LC.

ETA: If you don't already know/have one, you can call the hospital you delivered at. They SHOULD have a breastfeeding hotline or a LC hotline, just ask the operator.  

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Options
    imageanbeck4:

I'd call an LC.

ETA: If you don't already know/have one, you can call the hospital you delivered at. They SHOULD have a breastfeeding hotline or a LC hotline, just ask the operator.  

Will you marry me? I did not know this existed at my hospital. I called and we got everything figured out. Back to breast feeding for me! thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Fantastic!  You and LO should have a much better day.

I'm surprised that your hospital didn't tell you about the hotline.  At the hospital I delivered at, LCs visit all of the breastfeeding moms when they are in the hospital and provide a card that gives the hotline information.  We also receive newsletters every other month about LOs upcoming development which always include the information about the LCs/hotline.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"