Secondary IF
Options

Wil i grow up to be a big sister?

DD asked me if she will grow up to be a big sister. : I'm feel like my stupid IF is stealing from her. My DD will be 4 in January. Luckily after she asked and I said I don't know she got distracted by something else.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wil i grow up to be a big sister?

• Options
    I am going thru the same thing. My DD will be 4 in January as well and she told me all she wants for her birthday is a little sister. It breaks my heart every time she mentions it which is a lot. We just finished out first round of IVF and got a BFN so I feel like a big failure and I am more upset for her than myself.
    TTC#2 Since September 2010 with MFI - Me: 36 DH:35
    11/12: IVF ICSI #1 - BFN
    05/13 - Started IVF ICSI #2 - Menupor/Follistim/Trigger
    6/17/13 ER - 7 Retrieved, 6 matured, 4 fertilized
    6/20/13 ET - 2 transferred 0 to freeze
    7/3/13 Beta #1 = 174!  7/7/13 Beta #2 = 414!
    7/15/13 U/S #1 - Can't wait!!

• Options
    Big hugs ladies!! My DD is a little younger almost 3.5, but they've been talking about families in her prek class, and she's been asking me "who's my sister? Who's my brother?" Breaks my heart. To make it worse, she's the only kid in her class of 15 who doesn't have a sibling. It sucks.
    TTC #1 since 6/08. Cycle #6 - BFP 12/22/08, EDD 9/3/09, DD 8/14/09 at 37w1d
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2 since 6/11
    me=36 - low AMH, DH=38
    BFP #2 - 8/31/11, EDD 5/10/12, M/C 9/23/11
    BFP #3 - 3/4/12, EDD 11/14/12, CP 3/11/12
    BFP #4 - 5/9/12, EDD 1/19/13, CP 5/11/12
    BFP #5 - 8/22/12, EDD 5/5/13, CP 8/24/12
    IVF#1 - January 2013 - EPP/Antagonist - 7R, 3M, 2F, 3dt of 2 8-cell embies
    BFP #6 - 2/3/13, EDD 10/15/13, DS 9/18/13 at 36w1d
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That is the hardest question to answer. DS is almost three and most of the kids in his daycare class have siblings. DS started saying that so-and-so was his brother or sister. I told him that he doesn't have a brother or sister and that only God can decide whether he will. But I also told him that his daddy and I love him very much and that the three of us are a family.

He said "okay" and ran off while I sat there silently crying. IF SUCKS!!!

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Options
    Oh ladies... my heart just aches since I remember my DD asking the same things for the last 4.5 years we have been trying. I am blessed to have her become a big sister today and I pray you will all be as blessed too!
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options

Crying ((HUGS)) That's so rough!

DS1 wasn't interested in babies when we were ttc#2, but now he asks about them constantly, he wants one more baby brother and two baby sisters. Sorry, kiddo, we'll only be able to give you one more. (knock on wood)

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That question always hurts.  It tears my heart apart as mine has been asking since we started ttc#2 when he was 2 ( he's six now).  
    DS#1 born 9/23/06 
    Twins DS#2 and 3 born at 31 weeks, 3 days due to a short cervix on 8/2/13.
  • Options
    I feel the same, DD has been asking for a  sibling for well over a year now and has been disappointed so many times thinking she would get one like last year that's what she asked Santa for and she was disappointed when she got a doll :-( Now she tells me everyone is her sister or brother and I keep trying to explain that she doesn't have any but that's a hard one for a 3 year old to understand! Hopefully we can all have good news soon!!

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
     Dreams really do come true!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"