Late Term and Child Loss

***Thursday GTKY***

Have you ever won any kind of award?

Have you ever achieved a goal that you are very proud of?

Have you ever done something stupid that you regret?

Have you ever been caught doing something illegal? 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: ***Thursday GTKY***

• Have you ever won any kind of award? I've won a lot of random awards throughout school, but my biggest was being named Outstanding Senior my senior year of college. I think more than 300 applied and only 12-15 were named, and I was one of them. Total surprise.

Have you ever achieved a goal that you are very proud of? I think just making it through college was a huge accomplishment. I was the first on my dad's side to graduate from college [and, out of my 35 first cousins on my mom's side, the second], and it was a big deal.

Have you ever done something stupid that you regret? Ha. Don't even get me started on this. I try not to regret things in life, but there are a few. Most of them involve former flings/boyfriends.

Have you ever been caught doing something illegal? Just speeding. :P
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Have you ever won any kind of award?

Not that I can recall, except for trophies from sports when I was little.

The only good thing that happened in 2012 was that I became a Vice President at work.  It was a big promotion and my name got published in the Wall Street Journal.  Very proud moment.

Absolutely!  I led a pretty wreckless youth...I'll leave it at that!

Uh, yep.  Embarrassed Edited to plead the 5th.  This is the internet afterall. 

BFP#1 - 11/27/09 EDD 8/5/10, DS1 arrived 7/24/10 via emergency c-section.

BFP#2 - 6/18/12 EDD 2/23/13, sweet baby girl born sleeping on 10/4/12 at 19 weeks, 3 days.

BFP #3 - 1/18/13 EDD 10/1/13, natural mc on 2/2/13 at 5 weeks, 4 days.

BFP #4 - 8/29/13 EDD 5/12/14, our sweet rainbow, DS2 born 4/29/14 via c-section

• Loading the player...

Sure, tons of 'em growing up from sports and school. I also won a Just Say No poster design contest and had my poster put on 3 billboards in my town. Never any at work though, but I keep getting told I've made a huge impact in the year I've been there.

My proudest accomplishment used to be that the last 5 semesters in college I worked 40 hrs a week, (comprised of 1st, 2nd & 3rd shift), while taking 5 classes each semester and somehow managed to make the Dean's List each time. Seeing as how I never made anything higher than the honor roll prior to that, it was a big deal.

My proudest goal was being able to face my fears of being pregnant, becoming a mom and child birth. After morning sickness, pregnancy was smooth sailing, I realized I could be a great mom and to stop fearing I was going to pass on the cycle of physical and emotional abuse from my mother and everything I feared about child birth (the IV in my arm the whole time, being induced, the catheder, the epidural and even the emergency C-section while awake) wasn't NEARLY as bad as I had let myself believe. Trouble is, now I have all these new fears about pregnancy loss and Infant death that I wished like hell I was still naive about, because I don't think those fear can ever be overcome.

Is the sky blue? I have done many stupid things, in my opinion. I used to make a big deal of saying that "I don't regret anything I've ever done because it made me the person I am right now", but I think that was more a front and trying to convince myself. I regret things I've done and lessons I've had to learn because sometimes, I don't like the person I've become due to them.

Uhm, I don't think so, other than speeding. I've done illegal things, underage drinking, smoked pot, speeding and not getting caught, gone through a red light in the middle of the night in the middle of nowhere Embarrassed but never gotten caught. Oh...I did used to steal from a stop-n-go a lot when I was in the 1st grade! I lived with my Godparent's for a time while my parents were working on their marriage and they had old kids and I don't know how it started, but they took stuff so I did, I knew it was wrong, but we never got caught. To top it off, my Godfather was a deputy sheriff lol.

The only award that I remember getting was an inventor's award when I was in 5th grade. It went to state competition, but I didn't win there.

Running a marathon.

Of course! But I have to look back and remember that it was a learning experience.

Just speeding. 

BFP #1 12.24.07 - DD born @ 39w1d on 08.26.08
    BFP #2 08.04.11 - DD born still @ 37w3d on 03.25.12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TTC #3 since May 2012

BFP #3 12.29.12 - CP @ 4w2d on 01.02.13
    BFP #4 10.17.13 - CP @ 4w2d on 10.23.13

BFP #5 04.06.14 - MMC 05.07.14

No longer trying to conceive.

image    http://oi40.tinypic.com/15czrid.jpg     image

Yes, in my youth I was a classic overachiever. Notable awards include valedictorian of my graduating class and a four-year, full tuition merit scholarship to my university. 

I finished my master's this August with a 4.0. I am proud of myself for continuing on after Patricia's death made me want to give up. I couldn't have done it without the support of my family.

I'm not sure I really regret anything, but there were lots of incidents scattered throughout Europe before I settled down with DH where I woke up and realized "that could've been really bad." I was one of those naive young Americans who thought I was invincible, and I was lucky many, many times. 

Not by "the law." My parents found my fake ID but they cautioned me and gave it back. Which was surprising, since my dad has been a DA for 30 years. 

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15

In high school I won 2nd place in speech and music for the Academic Decathlon.

In 2009, I lost 47 lbs. Sadly I have gained 41 of those back Embarrassed. My goal is to lose 25 lbs before my friend's wedding in June.

Yes although I can't think of anything specific. Most of it involves drinking. I actually vomited on my DH the first time we went out.

Only speeding.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers 426374_775972607825_1203816401_n
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"