White Elephant Gift Exchange — The Bump
Stay at Home Moms

White Elephant Gift Exchange

My bunco group does a gift exchange. Well, normally we do an ornament exchange but I got out voted and this year we are doing a gift exchange. You bring a generic gift and people steal and all that. I was thinking about putting together a basket with a bottle of wine and some little odds and ends. Would you like something like that? The women in our group range from 70 years to 26 year olds. Some work, some don't. All are moms.
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: White Elephant Gift Exchange

• Booze usually goes.

I was thinking same gift exchange with our Moms Club to put in a copy of Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack (I am just finishing up on 12 weeks of it).

• I would definitely steal that. Our Bunco group does the same thing. I crocheted scarves that went over really well.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• Loading the player...
  • Traditionally a White Elephant exchange is where you take something from your home or an inexpensive funny find that you don't want and put it in the gift exchange. I recently found a Justin Bieber Christmas ornament at Target that is going to make an appearance at our after Christmas party. Last year I came home with a toy Santa that poops candy. 
    [IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/2ry6ly0.jpg[/IMG]
  • image Fashiongal1973:
    Traditionally a White Elephant exchange is where you take something from your home or an inexpensive funny find that you don't want and put it in the gift exchange. I recently found a Justin Bieber Christmas ornament at Target that is going to make an appearance at our after Christmas party. Last year I came home with a toy Santa that poops candy.nbsp;

That's what I thought! When we established rules no one mentioned that kind of stuff.

My mom is a teacher and one year someone brought in all the teacher mugs they had been given over the years. Another person gave a framed picture of himself.

The bunco exchange has a 25 limit. So it seems like others are expecting a real gift not a random something from around the house. Which is unfortunate because we have a ton of half empty bottles of booze that my brother left when he moved out...
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards