Babies on the Brain

Hoping for AF!!!

Hi all. I've been lurking around here for a few months and finally decided to post. My DH and I have been married a little over two years and have decided to start TTC. I stopped BCP at the end of June after being on them for 10 years. I have yet to have a period. Saw my GYN and she recommended that I take Provera in December to induce a bleed. While this is my next step, and I've accepted that (...kinda) a part of me just wishes my body would wake up and start a period on it's own. Ehh.

Any advice from those of you who have taken this med while TTC? It's my understanding that while Provera will induce a bleed, it won't necessarily jumpstart my body into ovulating on my own.

Re: Hoping for AF!!!

• Hi, i am just lurking too and usually post on TTTC.  However, I used it, but as you mentioned, it never got me to ovulate, so i had to take different meds for that.  My doc had already confirmed no O based on my long cycles.  Hopefully as you said, this will "jump start" you're system and no further action needed.  I would buy some OPKs so you can test to see if/when you're ovulating and your doc can also order blood work or schedule an ultrasound to confirm.  GL!

Off BC since 9/10;TTC since 7/11
    Me: 31 DH: 31
    DX: PCOS/anovulatory/Hypothyroid
    SA: normal
    HSG: all clear
    5 cycles of Clomid/Femara + TI
    IUI #1 (7/16/12) Femara 2.5,+ Trigger=BFN
    Treatment break Aug. 2012-June 2013
    IUI #2 (7/27/13)=BFP!!!
    Beta #1 @ 13dpiui --145!
    Beta #2 @ 19dpiui--2,550!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Good luck. I hope AF shows up soon!
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I never taken it, but I hope it works for you. Good luck.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"