Toddlers: 24 Months+

Painting sponges

My mom got an art easel and some art supplies for the kids for Christmas.  I was going to put painting sponges in fun shapes in their stockings, but the ones I wanted to get on amazon just went up 3 dollars (over $9) and I don't want to pay that much for sponges.

Have you gotten sponges for your LO?  I was thinking about trying Michael's.  I was at Hobby Lobby and Target recently and didn't see any although I had the kids with me and can't say that I looked that hard.

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Painting sponges

• Maybe it is not that easy but I would buy the multipacks at the grocery store and trace shapes on w cookie cutters and then cut them out, u less you want fancy shapes...? Or are there special types of sponges used for painting that are different than those.
  • imagegroovygrl:
    Maybe it is not that easy but I would buy the multipacks at the grocery store and trace shapes on w cookie cutters and then cut them out, u less you want fancy shapes...? Or are there special types of sponges used for painting that are different than those.

I could do that, but this is what I was wanting:

https://www.amazon.com/Alex-Toys-Sponge-Shapes-12/dp/B000TFKX5S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354161067&sr=8-1&keywords=painting+sponges

I think I'll try Michael's and if no luck go to Hobby Lobby sans kiddos.  I can't believe they wouldn't have something like that, but LO's just didn't have the patience to look through all of the craft stuff with me last time I went.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagegroovygrl:
    Maybe it is not that easy but I would buy the multipacks at the grocery store and trace shapes on w cookie cutters and then cut them out, u less you want fancy shapes...? Or are there special types of sponges used for painting that are different than those.

I agree with this. Just buy the cheap multipack at Target, Walmart, etc. Simple shapes like triangles, circles, and hearts would be easy enough to do free hand. I am sure your kids won't care if they aren't perfect :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"