April 2012 Moms

She cries and cries every night....what should I do?

Every time DD is put in her crib she cries, for naps and bed time. This started when she was sick about two weeks ago, she is no longer sick but we put her in her crib at night,usually try around 7pm but she cries until we get her up and then she usually goes back down around 9pm which is way to late. She isn't getting enough sleep and I don't know what to do for her, she can't keep going to bed this late. How long would you let LO cry before getting them? She is never screaming but it is real crying, we go into her room and the second she sees us she is fine, we calm her down and the second we step back out she is crying again. Is it night time separation anxiety? teething? what would you do, we have to get this under control...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: She cries and cries every night....what should I do?

• Hm, I would say separation anxiety. My dd cries any time I leave the room. I nurse her to sleep and sleep in the room with her. She would definitely cry if I left her there. Are you opposed to co-sleeping? Maybe try no cry sleep solution or sleep lady shuffle.
  • I would say seperation anxiety as well. DD1 went through it right at 6 months. I tried sleeping next to her crib just to avoid bringing her into our bed, but it didn't work, and she slept with us until we sleep trained her at 10.5 months.
  • Loading the player...
  • Why do you say she isn't getting enough sleep at night?  Is she getting up super early?  Does she still want to play at 7pm or is she acting sleepy then refusing sleep?

A goes to bed between 8pm-9pm every night and gets up at 6am-7am depending on when he went down.  We tried for an earlier bed time but he'll have none of it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • yeah, I don't think 9 is too late.  DD doesnt go to sleep until 8:30-9:30 depending on her mood.  Is you LO taking a nap too close to bed time?  Remember, they will not need quite as much sleep as they did when they are newborns! 

As for the crying, I would say it depends on why she is crying.  Our dd sleeps in her crib at night in the room next to ours, but if she cries at all I pick her up and take her to bed with me.  I think this helps her feel secure that if she is lonely I will be there.  Seriously, she almost always sleeps through the night on her own, but now that she is teething, we have had 3 nights a week where she wants to be with me because her gums hurt and her tummy hurts. 

What signs is your DD giving you about why she is crying?

Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"