Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Switching Formula

I am starting my 6 week old son on formula after breastfeeding him until now. He has been eating the Enfamil Gentlease and seems to like it. My question is, is when he is completely switched to formula only, if we feel/think that the type of formula isn't agreeing with him, can we change the brand/formula type? I asked the nurse at his doctors office, and she gave me some long speech about how they would want to bring him in for an office visit to see him and then they would recommend the formula for him. But my point is, that they didn't pick out what kind he's on now...they just said Enfamil or Similac are good brands. Can babies be switched from brand/type of formula to another without an issue?

Re: Switching Formula

• Options
    I picked out DS1 formula without talking to the doc and switched multiple times until i found one right for him and I didnt have any issues. But with DS2, I had to talk to the doc because he has an allergy. YOU'RE the mom, do what you think is best for your little one. And if you switch the formula and it doesnt agree with him then go to the doc. As for brand, personally I dont see the difference. Money was tight for me, and before I got wic, i would buy the parents choice brand as long as it was the same "type" of formula and I never had an issue.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My Dr just said to switch fully for two weeks to see any reaction. No back and forth.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"