November 2012 Moms
Options

Anyone miss being pregnant?

While I am ecstatic about having my perfect baby girl in my arms, I feel sort of a "loss" of the pregnancy. I remember feeling this way after I had my son too, and I attribute it to all the hormones. I love being pregnant and since this may be our last, i just feel sort of sad about it. Just wondering if anyone else feels the same way?
BFP #1: 11/09; DS born 8/01/10 BFP #2: 10/11/11 EDD: 06/25/12 M/MC 11/23/11 @ 9 weeks, 3 days; BFP#3 3/10/12 EDD 11/23/11 Grow Baby! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family

Re: Anyone miss being pregnant?

• Options
    Well, if you do, can you step up and take over for me? I am DONE with this horror show.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagesadsadie:
    Well, if you do, can you step up and take over for me? I am DONE with this horror show.

^same^  I'm more then ready not to be pregnant.  

ambrinkle
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes yes! I agree with the previous posters. Take over for me too!! Past my due date and want him OUT!!
  • Options
    At times I miss not having the responsibility of a baby: like being able to sleep all night or being able to go somewhere with out planning feedings and packing a diaper bag. But I do not miss being pregnant at all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Nope, don't miss it. I didn't think I would. I was never super into pregnancy, I just wanted the prize at the end. And he is awesome lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm still pregnant but I expect that I'll miss it. I love having him with me at all times, feeling him move around.
  • Options
    In a word...no. haha
    imageimage imageimage
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I do miss some aspects of being pregnant.  I love the anticipation of the last few weeks and the excitement of delivery.  I was upset after leaving the hospital with my DS2 as I felt that it would more than likely be the last time that I would be taking a new baby home.  I don't miss trying to chase an 18 month old around at 40 weeks pregnant though!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I do, a little.  I NEVER thought I would, but there it is.  I miss feeling him move inside me.  That was so special and like it was just private between us (unless I told someone else it was happening).  I also liked "playing" with him in the bathtub...  I'd splash my stomach, and he'd move around. :)  Plus, there was the excitement and anticipation of meeting him.  I love snuggling on him now, don't get me wrong, and I don't miss peeing 184 times a day...  But there are little things I miss.
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • Options
    I understand what you mean, OP. This girl may or may not be our last child, so it was bittersweet to give birth in some regards.

• Options

imagewed2be:
    While I am ecstatic about having my perfect baby girl in my arms, I feel sort of a "loss" of the pregnancy. I remember feeling this way after I had my son too, and I attribute it to all the hormones. I love being pregnant and since this may be our last, i just feel sort of sad about it. Just wondering if anyone else feels the same way?

YES.

I love being pregnant, and feeling a life within is the best thing ever. Im having a hard time accepting the fact that Miles is our last baby... we will see.

Those who don't believe in love at first sight, have never given birth
    Big sister meeting little brother for the first time-
    <a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k409/YellowMiles/?action=view
  • Options
    I totally know what you mean, OP. There were definitely some not-so-pleasant parts, but I really loved being pregnant. My DH only wants two and I feel like I'm mourning this precious time of my life being over. I scheme to myself all the time about ways I can convince him to go for a third, haha. I'd even consider being a gestational carrier if a close friend or relative needed that.
  • Options
    Not at all!! I am so happy that we only want two and that we are done now. I am so ready for that phase of my life to be over. I was not a happy pregnant person!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Oh I do! I really didnt like the pain of the last week or two, but I loved being pg. I loved my belly, I loved having my little inside girl move, I just loved all of it.
    I do love her on the outside too :) but there was something special about the time she was inside and I miss it.

I wish I had a zipper and could put her back parts of the day. ---just for fun and ease, not that I would rather have her in than out.

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    imagerdmitten:
    imageBarooGirl:
    I wish I had a zipper and could put her back parts of the day. just for fun and ease, not that I would rather have her in than out.

This. I do not miss being PG...not at all, but there are times during the day I wish I could tuck A back in.

I was just saying to SO how much I wish I had a pocket like a kangaroo!

I do miss being pregnant, but this is my first and we want two or three more. So I'm glad for the break. I won't be 2u2ing it anytime soon!
  • Options
    I don't really miss being pregnant. But I swear I felt phantom kicks for the first few days post partum. It was weird!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I also don't miss being pregnant.  It might sound selfish but I feel like I missed out on a lot of the outdoorsy things this summer/fall that I normally do like hiking, rock climbing, skating, roller coasters, etc.  I'm so excited that my baby boy is here and that I will be able to teach him how to do these things as he grows older instead of not being able to participate in it at all.  I'm not sure if I really would want to have to give up those things again - I think I will need at least another 2 years or more before I'm ready to commit to being pregnant again.
    Photobucket
    "For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him:"
    -1 Samuel 1:27 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"