I cannot believe the morning/early afternoon I just had. I'll try to recap briefly, but it might get a little long.
So, the day starts off normally enough: I go in, get my labs and u/s done, and talk with the nurse, before going on my merry way. The nurse says, like the previous afternoon, that I should plan to take 2 vials of Menopur tonight, and trigger tomorrow, and that she'll call later.
So, around 11am, I check in with my receptionist to see if my meds arrived (I always ship them to work, where someone can sign for them), and there's been no Fed Ex delivery today.
So, I call Freedom Fertility to get a tracking number, and long story short, they have no record of my order. As best they could tell, someone assumed it was a duplicate order, since I'd gotten 3 vials shipped the previous day, and nobody called me to confirm either way. So, they send me to the concierge person, who attempts to locate it locally for me. The closest they could get was Mobile, AL, which is at least 2 hours away, and I'd have to buy the entire 5 vial box, and they wouldn't pay the difference because they'd pay for the courier, even though it was their mistake.
Meanwhile, we both make several calls to my IVF nurse, to see if she knows of anywhere locally to get it, to no avail. I was able to get in touch with a woman I'd given my number to at the RE's office a couple weeks ago because she's new to IVF and isn't telling anyone, and she was willing to sell me some of her Menopur (she's in the 2WW right now), so l was starting to exhale.
Another nurse at my RE's office calls me back at 2:00 and gives me the names of 2 pharmacies, one of which actually had enough in stock. I asked her to have my nurse please call me ASAP to go over my results to help calm me down. Right as I go to call Freedom back to have them order the Menopur, she calls, only to tell me...wait for it...my RE actually decided she wants me to trigger tonight after all!
So, already too long of a story short, I trigger at 8:30pm tonight, ER is Friday at 7:30am, and ET is either Monday or Wednesday. I have to go in for a blood flow u/s Monday regardless of ET date, which I hope is Wed., because despite it being preferable, DH has 2 final exams for grad school Monday.
What a crazy day!