Multiples

Transition to daycare?

Can anyone share their experiences- especially if they were home for a year? I'm on huge waiting lists for September if you can believe it (#18/19 on 2!) but I'm starting to worry about them going after having me for a year? Any tips?

Re: Transition to daycare?

• My daughter did great going from having a one on one parent to daycare.  Although I was not home with her she had a babysitter who she still calls mommy ( I am the mama).  She got to see all these kids her age and toys and she was good to go.  Some days she has her moments where she doesn't want to go but our daycare was nice enough to distract her while I made an exit.  It is hard listening to your little one cry for you but you have to keep walking away.  If you run back constantly to console the child it just makes it worse :S.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I put my son in daycare after being home with him for 2 yrs.  The first few days were tough, but more for me than him.  My tip would be to give them a hug/kiss, say goodbye, and leave.  Keep it short and simple.  After the first couple of days, my son was fine.  And the daycare provider said that even those first few days when he did cry, he stopped as soon as I left.  He was so excited to interact with kids, that it didn't matter that someone else was taking care of him.  The change actually did a lot of good for him socially and with his verbal skills.

PAIFW/SAIFW

DS1 born July 2002 (previous marriage).

TTC since Oct 08. DH Dx w/testicular cancer March 09.
    MFI due to retrograde ejaculation/azoospermia.
    5/2 IVF #1 cancelled due to large follie.
    6/14 start Lupron for IVF #1.2. 6/22 start stims.
    7/4 ER and Biopsy.
    7/9 Transferred 2 (1-4BB and 1-3BB) embryos.  4 frosties.
    7/15 +HPT 6dp5dt. 7/18 Beta #1: 193. 7/20 Beta #2: 415.
    8/10 1st u/s - It's triplets!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • ours started at 5.5 months and didn't bat an eye. they love it.
  • Thanks! You all made me feel better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"