Toddlers: 24 Months+

Bad dreams... advice?

Our 2 year old has been sleeping well through the night for well, years now. This past week he caught a glimpse of a cartoon shark on television that scared him - at the time we told him it wasn't real and was just silly, but apparently that didn't help. He's gotten up the past three nights, very upset, because he says there are sharks in bed with him. I comfort him when this happens, and we talk about it, but I guess I am not sure how to help him to stop having these bad dreams. Any advice?... this is all new to me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Bad dreams... advice?

• Get a spray bottle from the drug store have have him help you decorate a label that says "Shark Go Away Spray" and then tape it to the bottle. Put some water in it and let him spritz his room down before bed time. Let him know that when he sprays the  "Shark Go Away Spray," there is no way they can get into his room! Works like a charm for any scary things under the bed or in the closet. :-)
    Lori, Mom to Cooper born 1/9/2007 and Holden born 2/16/2010
  • Excellent idea - Thanks so much!! Spray bottle is now on my grocery list!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBump Lori:
    Get a spray bottle from the drug store have have him help you decorate a label that says "Shark Go Away Spray" and then tape it to the bottle. Put some water in it and let him spritz his room down before bed time. Let him know that when he sprays the  "Shark Go Away Spray," there is no way they can get into his room! Works like a charm for any scary things under the bed or in the closet. :-)

This. Works on all things scary. :) It is something active that kids can do that validates there feelings that is also cheap and easy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"