ER today — The Bump
Secondary IF

ER today

I am mostly a lurker but wanted comment on how my retrieval went.  Lupron trigger was sunday night at 8:30 and ER was at 8:15 today.  I don't remember a thing and was very happen with the anesthesia.  They did still give me HCG in my arm when asleep.  They only got 8 which upset me a lot (I know, I know...quality not quantity).  But I went in with 13 so I am super curious as to where the other 5 went.  Seems like from what I've read most ladies go in with less and end up getting more.  I am sore but taking Vicodin.  A semi full bladder hurts.

The negative was that I had to listen to 3 other people before come out and the doc say to them, "We got 17..we got 15.. we got 12).  My  hopes were set a little higher than 8.

The positive, which I am really trying to focus on if this cycle doesn't work- the first lady came out and I heard him telling her they were going to freeze her eggs tomorrow morning and she would get her chemo port in 2 days.  Overall I am thankful...

11/02/10- DS Born
6/2011- DH started chemo for testicular cancer
9/2011- Remission!!!!
6/2012- IUI #1 natural with HCG shot- banked sperm (BFN)
7/2012- IUI #2 natural with HCG shot- banked sperm (BFN)
-changed RE-
11/13/12- IVF #1 Bravella 225/Menopur 150/Ganarelix, triggered with Lupron. 11/27- 8R/2M + 2 mature next day/ 4 fertilized/ 2 grade III with 20% fragmentation transferred back on day 3. No frosties. BFN. Boo :(.
Plan: New semen analysis in January and #2 IVF hopefully with fresh sample in March.

Re: ER today

• I am glad you came out of "lurkerhood"!  I am sorry you are disappointed, I posted earlier and I am so nervous that this will happen to me too.  If you find out "where the other 5 went" please come back and post and let us know.  It is hard not to compare with other, but try and remember we are all individuals and there are so many variables!  Heck my RE said they got 50 FIFTY eggs from one woman!!  I don't even want to think about that many!

When will they give you a fertilization report?  Please keep checking in as there are quite a few of us (myself included) stimming for IVF in the next week.  Its comforting to compare notes!

GL to you and FX that there is a Rock Star or 2 in your 8! 

TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • I do vaguely remember asking the RE what happened to my other 5 and he said they were possible follicles that didn't have an egg in them (ie cysts).  I am super healthy and have never had cysts so I am hoping I didn't react weird to the shots and this will continue to be an issue.  

Fert report is tomorrow between 12-2 or 2-4 (can't remember what he said).  Then day two they will let me know if it will be a 3 or 5 day transfer.   This waiting sucks!

My best advice would be the heating blanket.  I've been snuggled up with mine all afternoon.  I feel like I did maybe 5 days after my csection.  Walking bent over just a little bit and very crampy.  Now if I could just keep my 2 year old from jumping on me :).  

11/02/10- DS Born
    6/2011- DH started chemo for testicular cancer
    9/2011- Remission!!!!
    6/2012- IUI #1 natural with HCG shot- banked sperm (BFN)
    7/2012- IUI #2 natural with HCG shot- banked sperm (BFN)
    -changed RE-
    11/13/12- IVF #1 Bravella 225/Menopur 150/Ganarelix, triggered with Lupron. 11/27- 8R/2M + 2 mature next day/ 4 fertilized/ 2 grade III with 20% fragmentation transferred back on day 3. No frosties. BFN. Boo :(.
    Plan: New semen analysis in January and #2 IVF hopefully with fresh sample in March.
  • Loading the player...
  • Well, I have had cysts before and they have usually gone away one their own.  I have wondered in the back of my mind if there really are eggs in my follies.  Guess we will find out.  

I had a c/s too and thanks for the tip on the heating pad. I will make sure to dig it out before heading to the ER!  My DS is 21 months and loves to tackle me which makes me worried about the ER and future c/s!  But hey one step at a time!

GL again with the fert report!  FX! 

TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards