Indiana Babies
Options

Delivering at Methodist Hospital in Indy

I've been going to my OB/GYN office for five years now - I like them and don't really want to leave at this point, but the doctor only delivers at Methodist. I think we are ok with that, but was just wondering if anyone had any experience there - good or bad?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Anniversary

Re: Delivering at Methodist Hospital in Indy

• Options
    Yep, Loved it. Nurses were great, checked on us just enough, listened to my needs, was there in a hurry anytime we needed. Food was good and you can order off a large menu whenever you want however much you want. They play cute music for the entire hospital when you are moved from labor to recovery to signal a baby was born. After you go home a nurse will come visit you and baby in a week to do a full checkup and answer any questions or concerns you have. They check and weigh baby too. They specialize in breastfeeding so you will get tons of help with feeding. Also let visitors know that the parking on the left is free on weekends. You will receive a parking pass at discharge so there is no fee for your car. They host a walkthrough multiple times a month. I highly suggest going on the tour. Also you are free to chose your birth plan: Natural, water, traditional, they have birthing balls etc... My only reservation was that labor abd recovery were in different room: pain to move but after my experience and working/seeing a hospital that the patient doesnt move I prefer the move. I was way more comfy on a traditional hospital room then the room I labored in for 12 hours.
    2nd EDD 02/01/13 - MC 5 1/2 weeks 6/5/12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you so much! That really puts my mind at ease. I saw that they offered tours of the OB department with an OB nurse - I will definitely sign us up for one of those.
    Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I delivered both of my kids there and it was great for us. Agree with everything the previous posters have said. Nursing was great, a good balance between giving us our space and being there when needed. Especially loved the lactation consultants - they went out of their way to help me. I also appreciated the follow-up home visits; both times the visiting nurse spent a long time with me addressing any concerns I had about me or the babies. Methodist isn't the fanciest place to deliver, but I didn't need a flat screen tv or a bunch of other bells and whistles. Highly recommend if you are the same way!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thanks marleysmom! We definitely don't care about all the fancy stuff - we're just concerned about good quality care which it sounds like we will get that at Methodist. Thanks again!
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"