New Jersey Babies

OB/GYN Group of EB vs. Brunswick Hills OB/GYN

Does anyone have any info on either of these.  I have to switch doctors since moving to the area and have been recommended these by a few people.  The reviews online are back and forth for both.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you know if you get an ultrasound at every appointment at either one?

Thanks!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image

Re: OB/GYN Group of EB vs. Brunswick Hills OB/GYN

• I used EB OB/GYN and I did not get an ultrasound at every visit. Only at 12 weeks and 20 weeks. The only reason I got more ultrasounds is because I had a high risk pregnancy otherwise the average is 12 and 20 weeks. The doctors were all good, some more personable than others. My delivery went smoothly and the dr did a nice job delivering my son. I did not tear at all so I did not need an episiotomy so I cant comment on that. However be prepared to wait. Never do evening appt's if you can avoid it, you will be there forever. If you can do early morning appt's, preferably when they first open. They also didnt call about test results a few times so I had to track them down for the results. I was considering checking out Brunswick Hills. I think they have a mid-wife there and I was curious to learn more about that. I also loved delivering at St. Peter's so I need an OB I know delivers there so that is my main priority. Good luck with your pregnancy!
    BabyName Ticker 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • The pp description of Ob/gyn of EB is pretty much how Brunswick Hills works as well. I didn't like having to see so many doctors and not knowing who would be at my delivery.  They don't do u/s at every visit.  They do have a midwife and I like her but she doesn't attend deliveries anymore. 
    R & R: est 2003 LOs: 4/2005, 10/2007, 2/2011 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thats good to know thank you. I decided to stick with East Brunswick OB/GYN. I cant find a dr that delivers out of St. Peter's that doesnt belong to a group.
    BabyName Ticker 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageSummerMomma2Be:
    Thats good to know thank you. I decided to stick with East Brunswick OB/GYN. I cant find a dr that delivers out of St. Peter's that doesnt belong to a group.

Depending on how far you're willing to travel, Dr. Robert Beim is not part of a group and delivers at St. Peter's. He is  my OB and I LOVE him. His office staff def leaves much to be desired, but he is such a great doctor, that it is worth it. He delivered my DD, and will deliver this LO. I joke that I wish he were my doctor for everything! He is in North Plainfield. I travel from Sayreville to him.

Lilypie - (eo79)
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I just left OBGYN of EB.  I'm a high risk twin pregnancy and they made mistakes left and right.  

My first visit I waited over two hours to see a dr, waited another 20 min in a robe in the room, saw the dr for five minutes, and was rushed out.  In fact they were so busy rushing me out that they forgot to draw blood for my CBC and forgot to give me the flu shot that I had requested.

Another visit and I find out that my prepregnancy weight was recorded incorrectly, so I got a lecture on weight gain even though I hadn't gained.  Still never got my flu shot.  Found out they were mailing my personal information to my work address because they had entered my information incorrectly.  They also sent a prescription to the wrong pharmacy, and several of my medications were wrong on my chart.  

I finally called the office to see if they were ever going to draw blood and the receptionists were ASTONISHED that it had never been done.  They didn't even have my bloody type.  I also had to request, for a third time, that they let me come in for a flu shot.  I think that was the final straw, so I waited for my results to come in and requested my records be sent to a new dr.

They seem nice enough but I suspect they are too busy to keep a close eye on any of their patients.  If I'm a high risk pregnancy and this is how I was treated, I feel bad for everyone else.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"