Multiples
Options

Anyone's 1 year old twins attached to you and cry constantly?!

I feel like mine are the only ones on earth like this. They cry unless DH or I are holding them. They won't go to anyone else. They cry at home A LOT and I honestly feel like they've been crying for 13 straight months.

My oldest was never like this.  DH and I feel sometimes like they are never happy.

Am I losing my mind? I can't be. They both do cry constantly and if one is happy surely the other is not. What gives Crying

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone's 1 year old twins attached to you and cry constantly?!

• Options
    I just had to tell you that when I read your post subject I thought you had siamese twins!  lol
    4/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    8/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    3/09 Polyp removed and dx MTHFR (both copies)
    6 Clomid cycles, all BFN
    5/09 IUI#1 with Clomid=BFN
    6/09 IUI#2 with Clomid=BFN
    8/09 IUI#3 with Clomid=BFN
    IVF#1 = BFN
    IVF#2 = BFN
    IVF#3 ET 2 Grade A blasts 11/16/11
    Beta #1: 485
    Beta #2: 2,495
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options

I have one who is like that, and has been since he was born. He's okay with strangers, but just seems to cry a lot. I think it's just a personality thing at this point. When he was younger the Dr said it was colic, but now I think it's just who he is. He's just super vocal about his feelings! I'm getting better at reading him though, and preventing it. Sorry you have two like that!

There is a book called "Raising your Spirited Child" that is supposed to be extremely helpful for understanding and managing sensitive kids. I haven't read it yet, but a friend of mine said it was the most helpful thing she's found for dealing with her DD who was never happy. 

Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, ours do! Or at least one does. Our boy is also sensitive and very vocal. He whines and cries a LOT. Both are super clingy and whiny at times but our daughter has always been a little easier to deal with while our son has always been challenging. Sometimes I think I'm going to lose my mind. Right now our wee man is climbing my leg. Gotta run! But I feel your pain. It's tough dealing with whining and crying and clinging ALL DAY and feeling like your kids aren't happy.
  • Options

Mine are crying all the time and insist on being held by mainly me, dh will do, they hate everyone else.  They were pretty happy outgoing babies so I'm hoping this is a stage but so far I HATE  age One.

I have had some success when they get really clingy to just stop trying to do anything and sit down with them for  20 min or so before I try to peel them off.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This makes me feel better. It is soooo hard.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"