December 2011 Moms

Joining 2U2 Club!

I haven't been very active on here lately, but I have been with you ladies since my first BFP in March of 2011.  My DS just turned 1 on November 10th (born at 37 weeks).

Just wanted to share the news with someone!  I got a BFP this morning :) I am waiting until I can tell my DH in person though. Which will be this evening.  

I had a depo shot back in June (big mistake) because we just weren't quite ready for the 2nd one.  I haven't had a normal period since, and had spotting all through August/September.  I have had no + ovulation kits, so I wasn't sure the depo was fully out of my system yet. I work at an office where we do ultrasounds, so the ultrasonographer did a scan on me on the 22nd and there was a 23mm follicle on my right ovary and she said it looked like I was about to ovulate. Well, DH and I had been together that morning. I checked ovulation kits and none were positive, so I thought maybe it was just a cyst.

Well, I got curious so I bought some FRER and started testing at 8dpo (the earliest they said you could get a positive), and they were all negative.  I ran out and had to get more today and I wasn't going to but I just had a feeling that if I didn't I would be wondering about it, so I stopped on my way to work and bought more.  

I didn't believe it was really positive so I had to call my BFF and send her a pic to confirm lol.  Only a small part of the line showed up, but it was right away, and the rest of the line is really faint, so it's a definite positive!  

I'm going to tell DH tonight.  My plan is this...I bought a t-shirt for DS a loooong time ago because it was on clearance for $4. It says "Most awesome big brother", and I bought it in a 2T thinking that was around the time we were going to try for another. So I'm going to tell DH tonight "honey, I just couldn't help myself, I bought another Christmas present for DS". and then show him the shirt.

I'm still in disbelief!  Sorry this is so long. It's so fun to see everyone's little ones growing up, so I thought I'd share my story with all of you (even though it doesn't seem like there are many people here nowadays). 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Joining 2U2 Club!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"