Trouble TTC

Follistim/Ovidrel failure....we're already starting again!

I posted yesterday that I started bleeding 11 days after Ovidrel trigger.   i was so surprised today that my RE said we'll count yesterday (my first day of bleeding) as day one & start Follistim again on day 3!   I guess I need to read up on this process, but to me it seems like I'm not going to be ovulating soon.  I wasn't due to start bleeding until December 5th, per my usual routine...but I guess these fertility meds change everything?   Please share your knowledge & thoughts with me on this because I'm overwhelmed!

Me: 42, DH: 43. We are so grateful to have a 2yr old daughter, conceived naturally after 3 miscarriages & no treatments (our Dr. gave us 1 more month to try on our own before advacing to IVF, & we conceived her naturally in January 2010)! Trying since April 2011 without sucess....MD said we were both "fine" & that if it wasn't happening, it was a chromosomal issue. Finally started Follistim 225mcg injections with an Ovidrel trigger November 2012. Bleeding 11 days post Ovidrel on November 25th. Starting the whole lab/Ultrasound/Follistim cycle again on November 27th...

Re: Follistim/Ovidrel failure....we're already starting again!

• Sorry you are feeling overwhelmed.  IF sucks and is an emotional rollercoaster!  If your period started, it is normal to start Follistim on CD 3.  How long is your LP normally?  Did you take a HPT or have a beta?
    My Blog
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

TTC #1 since February 2011
    Me: 29 (3/5/13- high NK cells)  DH: 28 (5/8/12- MFI low morph and motility)
    Cycle #21 (IUI#1), Cycle #22 (HSG 9/21/12) and Cycle #23 (IUI#2)=  image
    Cycle #24- December Snow Bunny IVF #1
    ER 12/6/12 (14R, 11M, 9F), ET 12/9/12 transferred 2 day 3 embies
    Bleeding and low betas=very cautious image C/P 5W3D
    Cycle #26 March Lucky Duck- FET #1
    scheduled 3/20/13- CANCELLED- lining issues
    Cycle #27 May Emerald- FET #1.2
    delayed- Starting Trental for 3 months + natural cycles Cycle #28-30=  image
    Cycle #31 August Shooting Star- FET #1.3 
    transferred 1 hatching blast 8/21/13= imageBetas 8/30 (108) and 9/3 (565)

U/S 9/19/13- HR is 128!  U/S #2 10/4/13- HR is 174!
    It's a BOY!

• I think my luteal phase it 14 days....I'm usually a 28 day cycle.    I go in tomorrow for the routine ultrasound & labs before starting the Follistim again.  I guess I just don't understand the biology....  If I started bleeding early (My norm would have been to start on December 5th) what caused me to bleed yesterday, November 25th.  I'll ask the nurse tomorrow  but if any of you have insight, please share!  Thanks so much!!!
    Me: 42, DH: 43. We are so grateful to have a 2yr old daughter, conceived naturally after 3 miscarriages & no treatments (our Dr. gave us 1 more month to try on our own before advacing to IVF, & we conceived her naturally in January 2010)! Trying since April 2011 without sucess....MD said we were both "fine" & that if it wasn't happening, it was a chromosomal issue. Finally started Follistim 225mcg injections with an Ovidrel trigger November 2012. Bleeding 11 days post Ovidrel on November 25th. Starting the whole lab/Ultrasound/Follistim cycle again on November 27th...
  • Loading the player...
  • I would throw the normal 28 day cycle out the window, especially with meds. When you did the trigger, you most likely ovulated about 36 hrs after. That is when you're prime for IUI / TI. The trigger forces ovulation when you have mature follicles (confirmed by ultrasound). So if you did your trigger 12 days ago, you probably ovulated 10-11 days ago.
    About 14 days after ovulation (15-16 days post trigger) is when you should expect your period, give or take a couple days. If you get it sooner, it *could* mean you have progesterone (P4) deficiency. Usually, the RE will bring you in around 7dpo (days post ovulation) to check your P4. If it's low, they may start you on supplements but some docs don't check this until beta. If CD1 was only 11 days after your trigger, I would definitely ask the nurse or RE what they think might be the cause.
    Since you started full flow yesterday, that is CD1. Usually the meds start on CD3 so it sounds like things are on track for your next cycle.
    If you have any specific questions, just ask. Good luck!

**PAIF/SAIF Welcome**
    TTC #1 March 2010 - Nov 2012
    Me: 29, PCOS (anov), Hashimoto's Disease // DH: 30, normal SA
    3 Clomid, 1 Clomid/Menopur, 1 Menopur w/ TI (CX 4x's due to cysts) - All BFN
    1 Clomid/Menopur, 2 Menopur, 1 Follistim w/ IUI - All BFN
    RPL & Karyotype testing normal

IUI #5 (12/1/12) --> Follistim + 1/3 hCG Trigger = BFP! EDD: 8/23/13
    Betas --> 61 (13dpo) // 156 (16 dpo) // 223 (18dpo) // 656 (21 dpo)
    U/S --> 5w0d - sac seen // 6w0d - hb detected // 7w0d - hb seen and heard, measuring 6w6d!
    8w6d - wiggly baby! // 9w3d - wiggly baby with fingers!

Baby boy born 8/24/13

imageimageimage 

My Blog: Searching for Lucky Socks

• Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"