3rd Trimester
Options

Mature Placenta-FTM HELP

The baby weighed 4 lbs and 9 oz at 32 weeks and was 15 1/2 inches long at 32 weeks and i was measuring out at 33 1/2 weeks.

I went to the high risk doctor last week, they were unable to measure the baby bc they had just measured it. The doctor informed me that my placenta was a little mature and said I was 33 weeks still. They want me to keep coming to the HR Doctor so they can monitor the fluid, and making sure the baby gets it's proper nutrients. The baby is already in the head down position and they can't measure my cervix because the baby's head is covering it.The doctor ordered me to do kick counts and keep track of the baby's movement.

I've been reading on the internet and it's really been scaring me, some of what this means. So I'm asking what does all of this mean and should I be concerned. I'm a first time mom and this is driving me crazy! Help!

Re: Mature Placenta-FTM HELP

• Options
    Post this over on high risk you will probably get more responses!  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It sounds like your placenta is aging a little quicker than it should be. I am also seeing a high risk doctor due to placental issues which has caused my baby to have IUGR. At my 27 week appointment he said the baby was in the 3rd percentile and my placenta was thickening. As long as the baby doesn't fall off of it's growth curve completely I will be closely monitored (like you) until I deliver which will most likely be early since my baby isn't getting what it needs on the inside. Your doctors are just being cautious and making sure that your baby is not in any kind of stress. T&P's that everything goes well for you! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
     I had GD, mature placenta, and on the high end of normal for amniotic fluid amount, basically I was a mess with DS1.  He was born 12 days before his due date (because my water broke), 10 lbs 1oz, perfectly healthy.  Don't let it scare you too bad.  They'll just keep tabs on you and baby and make sure you're both doing fine.  T & P's!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Try not to let it scare you.  They will do monitoring more often (I went for NSTs & BPPs twice a week and OB appointments once a week).  My OB discussed inducing as early as 36w, but said we would make the call based on my BP (he was watching me for pre-e also) and how baby looked at my appointments.  They diagnosed her as IUGR due to growth scans as well.  We pushed the induction to 39w3d because everything was stable.  She was 6lbs 14oz and perfectly healthy at birth.  DD is just a peanut, she's currently almost 11mo and right around 12th%.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"