December 2011 Moms

Deli Meat/lunch question...

I think that L is starting to get bored with her lunches and I feel bad that she pretty much gets the same thing all the time.  We rotate between yogurt with fruit and a piece of toast, mixed vegetables and string cheese, or grilled cheese with some kind of vegetable or fruit.

It just occured to me that I guess I could give her some turkey.  But then I was thinking about all the salt and additives they put in deli meat...  What do you think?  Has anyone else given LO deli meat yet?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Deli Meat/lunch question...

• The deli at our Target has a low sodium turkey. I can't remember the name but I just get it sliced thick and cut it up for him.

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• we give ds thenitrate free hormel naturals.
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • Loading the player...
  • DS gets a slice or two of regular deli turkey every now and then. Other things I feed him for lunch are applesauce, cottage cheese, pickled beets, to name some of his favorites!
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• We give Josephine both deli ham and turkey.  Not all the time, just to switch it up.  We also give her the tyson grilled chicken strips, and steak strips.  They are convenient as they are already cooked.  She never eats a full 3 oz serving, maybe 1 or 2 strips cut up.  They have no preservatives.  Just another idea.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Yup, we've done turkey sandwiches and hot ham & cheese. I just get low sodium choices from the deli, we go between Tops and Wegmans, and I get it sliced like I normally would... on the thinner side, and M loves it!

We also do chicken noodle soup too, homemade if we have it or the progressive low sodium kind... that's probably her absolute favorite lunch option! She gets some veggies, meat and noodles... more veggies in mine but with canned she still gets the celery and carrots.

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Thanks! I think we'll try some turkey. I don't know why I'm always scared to try new things with her...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I give LO lunch meat from the deli counter a couple of times a week.  I buy the boar's head brand.
  • imageKScheibe12:
    Thanks! I think we'll try some turkey. I don't know why I'm always scared to try new things with her...
    If you are nervous about lunch meat you could roast/slice/freeze a turkey breast at home.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"