January 2013 Moms

Target return/registry question

Yesterday was my shower and there are a few things we are looking to return that were not on our registry and we did not receive gift receipts for.  I have heard people say that you can add the item you want to return to your registry and mark it as purchased to be able to return it easily for store credit.  How do you mark it as purchased without actually purchasing the item?  I am also open to suggestions for any other ways to do a return without a receipt or gift receipt.  
11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
1/12/13 DD was born
4/9/16 DS was born 
9/17 CP 
6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

Re: Target return/registry question

• I returned a few things for credit (the only give you credit to the baby dept) that weren't on the registry nor did I have a receipt for. It worked just fine.
    BFP#1 - 8/30/2010, natural M/C 10/3/2010 BFP#2 - 5/13/2012 (Mother's Day!) grow baby grow! Baby boy born 1-11-13!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker http://www.thebump.com/profiles/Jo2013/settings/avatar/index#
  • Target will let you return up to $60 of merchandise per year using your license. I had my shower 3 days before I moved to a different state, and when we got here and settled I went through everything, but lost all the reciepts. DH and I split the returns and put some on each of our licenses.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • 1)you log into your registry to manage it

2) add the item

3) under the purchased box where it will show 0 click edit

4) change the 0 to a 1 or whatever appropriate number and then click save.

This should show the item as purchased on your registry and hopefully make returns much easier!  HTH!!!!!

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thank you so much for the input ladies!  We are perfectly fine with baby department store credit because they will be getting plenty of our money in the near future anyway.  
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• I have returned a lot of items to Target without it showing as "purchased" on our registry or having a gift receipt and they have been great about it. They just give me a gift card and send me on my way :)

They did tell me that they can only return 4 items at a time that way because they can only return so many items using a drivers license or something?? so you might have to make a couple trips if you have a lot of things to return.

code: Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagedannon2009:

1)you log into your registry to manage it

2) add the item

This should show the item as purchased on your registry and hopefully make returns much easier!  HTH!!!!!

I don't think that this actually adds an item to your purchase log, which is what they will require you to print at the kiosk before returning an item. I think it just allows you to mark something as received off of the registry so that people don't buy another one.

As PP have said, there's a limit on how much you can return without a receipt or thats not recorded on the registry purchase log. But, hopefully between you and your husband, you can return what you need to without going over the limit.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageerkie:
    imagedannon2009:

1)you log into your registry to manage it

2) add the item

I don't think that this actually adds an item to your purchase log, which is what they will require you to print at the kiosk before returning an item. I think it just allows you to mark something as received off of the registry so that people don't buy another one.

As PP have said, there's a limit on how much you can return without a receipt or thats not recorded on the registry purchase log. But, hopefully between you and your husband, you can return what you need to without going over the limit.   

That was the experience I had...  I added items to the registry, marked as purchased, but they only show up on the purchase log if it's marked off the registry at the time of the sale.  

• Just last night I returned a huge pack of diapers we got at our shower over the weekend.  The lady asked if they were from our registry (no, CDing & not planning on having 20-30 lb newborn) asked for my ID, & handed me a gift card with the full purchase price.  Easy peasy. 
  • i just returned a cart full of items from my shower this past weekend. some on my registry and some not. they took back everything and just gave me a gift card -- no questions about receipts or anything!
  • I returned a bag full of items, about $50 without receipts, to Target with no problems. They gave me store credit but that was fine because I can use that just as easily as cash.
  • i had a few returns to target after our shower. things we did not register for or doubles of things. and nauturally.... no receipts.... they just gave me store credit for the full amount of the product. ( i went the saturday after black friday)
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"