Military Families

Advice on Christmas Gifts.

Hi, I'm a just visiting, hoping someone can give me advice.  DH and I are from the midwest, and my SIL and BIL are stationed on the West Coast right now with the Navy.  In mid-December, our nephew will be born, and in January BIL will be deployed to Alaska I think? and SIL will move back to live with MIL and FIL.

I am trying to think of gifts that would be good for them for Christmas.  SIL is easy enough to figure out, and my nephew is getting a blanket I'm crocheting and then getting spoiled at the shower we are throwing in January.  But what should I get for BIL?  I want to get him something that he can actually use while he is on deployment, so something small.  Any ideas?  What is something that would be good to have with you?  TIA for any advice!

TTC since June 2009 DX: PCOS October 2010
6 medicated cycles, 2 pregnancies, 1 ectopic April 2011, Early Miscarriage August 2011
7 more cycles, 1 IUI, No success after last pregnancy
7/1/2012 No more fertility coverage
8/17/2012 started pursuing domestic infant adoption!
11/26/2012 HOME STUDY APPROVED!!!
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
When relaxing didn't work is my new blog!

Re: Advice on Christmas Gifts.

• A photo ablum he can put pics of SIL and LO in. A kindle(if he's a reader and you have the $). A recordable book that he can read to his LO and they can keep while he's gone. A daddy doll for their LO. Nice sheets to take with him.

CJ 05/29/2013

• If he is going to Alaska. I would say maybe a good hat/ face mask and gloves. We just moved here and it's very cold so it's something he would use! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"