Babies on the Brain

newbie, totally have babies on the brain.

I feel like my biological clock stopped ticking like four years ago. lol. so ive been struggling to keep it together for like a year. its hard. it got alot harder seeing my younger sister get pregnant within the first week of meeting the guy. I mean were not trying yet, but we dont exactly prevent. so seeing her accidentally get pregnant, makes me question if i can get pregnant at all. and it takes all of my strength just to keep my thoughts from killing me. having my fiance there to work me through my stupid breakdowns is such a big help, i am so glad that i have him. i am so blessed. Were getting married in May, but we decided to start trying in February, since our wedding was originally supposed to be in march. So it is defiantly close now. Im just trying to be patient. lol oh god im trying =D, thank you for reading my little rant.
Me:26, DH:26 Married: May 18th, 2013, DD Raelynda ~born 3/06/14. 2 angels lost early. Rainbow due Valentines.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: newbie, totally have babies on the brain.

• im  a newbie too and a teen mom at that. its so tough right now especially with school.
  • uh no offense but its people like you that make me cry every month
    Me:26, DH:26 Married: May 18th, 2013, DD Raelynda ~born 3/06/14. 2 angels lost early. Rainbow due Valentines.

• Loading the player...
  • Oh newbies!

Focus on your wedding, and saving money for a baby.  Try to tackle everything you need to do before you ttc or bring a baby home.

Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • yeah our decision not yours, and you dont know what our lives our like to say anything.

• are**

• imagejaysgirl1707:
    yeah our decision not yours, and you dont know what our lives our like to say anything.
    I'm going to guess this was directed at me.  You can tell what I am responding too because I used the quote button.  See it down there in the corner?

I have no opinion about when you ttc.  I don't care.  You came on here whining about being obsessed while waiting.  I gave you some advice about other things to think about while waiting.

FTR- if you are already pulling the "you don't know my life" card on your first thread this may not be the place for you.  Clearly we don't know you.  We are all a bunch of internet strangers.  Grow up.

Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • First, paragraphs are your friend.  I'm going to respond to your post one piece at a time.

I feel like my biological clock stopped ticking like four years ago. lol. so ive been struggling to keep it together for like a year. its hard. it got alot harder seeing my younger sister get pregnant within the first week of meeting the guy.  Ummmm this doesn't sound like something to be jealous of.  Not being in a committed relationship makes it much more likely that she will end up a single mom which is very hard work.  Try to be supportive of her instead of being jealous. 

I mean were not trying yet, but we dont exactly prevent. so seeing her accidentally get pregnant, makes me question if i can get pregnant at all.   There is not a limited number of babies in the world.  Her ability to get pregnant has nothing to do with yours.  How long have you been not preventing? 

and it takes all of my strength just to keep my thoughts from killing me.  Being this obsessed is not normal.  I also saw a response that you cry every day about this.  Please consider seeing someone because it sounds like you are depressed. 

having my fiance there to work me through my stupid breakdowns is such a big help, i am so glad that i have him. i am so blessed. Were getting married in May, but we decided to start trying in February, since our wedding was originally supposed to be in march. So it is defiantly close now. Im just trying to be patient. lol oh god im trying =D, thank you for reading my little rant.  I'm glad you have a good support system.  As someone already told you in this thread, focus on the wedding for now.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejaysgirl1707:
    yeah our decision not yours, and you dont know what our lives our like to say anything.

LOL this should go over well. :)

*grabs popcorn* 

Our Little Lady
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Avery - 8.2.07 | Asher - 5.12.10 | Audrey - 11.28.12

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ok. Im not jealous of her. it just makes me question my own fertility. you see it took my mom five years to conceive me, my aunt and sister have never been able to conceive, it runs in my family, its either extremely easy or extremely hard, and i feel like i must fall on the other end. thats all.

its been over a year since we stopped preventing

i wrote that i cry every month. not everyday. around my period i can sometimes get a little down, but i dont let it effect me. it is only, i mean its not like its on schedule, lol, but i would say its around every four months i have trouble dealing with it.

and like you said i have a good support system. thank you for your concern

• Oh newbies! Focus on your wedding, and saving money for a baby. Try to tackle everything you need to do before you ttc or bring a baby home. it didnt sound to me like you were telling me to try and focus on the wedding to get my mind off of it. it sounded like you were judging our decision. sorry if i took it out of context. and most of the time focusing on the wedding stuff helps.

• I think you might be over thinking this a little bit. 

I was "not trying" to not get pregnant for three years before I actually got pregnant. Were you on the pill and went off it a year ago? If so, then at least three months of that year don't really count, because the medication is still in your system. After that point, your body has to get used to producing its own hormones again for you to get your period, so could still not be ovulating during that adjustment stage. Have you been tracking your cycles at all? Your period, your ovulation, etc.? 

You have so much going on already, it is possible that you aren't getting pregnant because of that too. You're planning a wedding! That's great! But you should relax and enjoy this time with your fiance. And enjoy your marriage too; once you actually get pregnant and have a baby, you won't be able to go back to having it be just the two of you, and that time together is invaluable.

If you're really worried about your fertility, you need to be actively tracking it, and once you've done that, you can start actively trying to get pregnant. If you are actively trying for a while and nothing is happening, see a doctor. There are plenty of options available to you and your worrying now isn't going to do you any good, especially since you haven't even been actively trying yet. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagestarshineamator:

I think you might be over thinking this a little bit. 

I was "not trying" to not get pregnant for three years before I actually got pregnant. Were you on the pill and went off it a year ago? If so, then at least three months of that year don't really count, because the medication is still in your system. After that point, your body has to get used to producing its own hormones again for you to get your period, so could still not be ovulating during that adjustment stage. Have you been tracking your cycles at all? Your period, your ovulation, etc.? 

You have so much going on already, it is possible that you aren't getting pregnant because of that too. You're planning a wedding! That's great! But you should relax and enjoy this time with your fiance. And enjoy your marriage too; once you actually get pregnant and have a baby, you won't be able to go back to having it be just the two of you, and that time together is invaluable.

If you're really worried about your fertility, you need to be actively tracking it, and once you've done that, you can start actively trying to get pregnant. If you are actively trying for a while and nothing is happening, see a doctor. There are plenty of options available to you and your worrying now isn't going to do you any good, especially since you haven't even been actively trying yet. 

This is false if we are talking about BCP.  This would be true if we were talking about the depo shot.

• OP- so basically, you're worried about your own fertility, but you arent even trying yet? and this is what has you so depressed- your thoughts of maybe not being able to conceive? ok calm down, take a deep breath. you can create a problem that isnt even there. have you seen a doctor yet? are you charting/temping? i'm guessing not, since you arent even "officially" TTC yet. it's ok to have babies on the brain, but please "don't borrow trouble" as some people on the bump will tell you. just take it all one step at a time. use the power of positivity! congrats on the upcoming wedding and best of luck to you! 
    trying for #1 since May 2012... we're adopting! bringing home baby boy in january 2015!

photo tacos.gif
    Texas forever. 
  • imagejlk13:
    imagestarshineamator:

This is false if we are talking about BCP.  This would be true if we were talking about the depo shot.

Really? That's what I was told when I went off the pill, and I've heard others being told the same thing. My apologies if this information was in correct, I was just repeating what I thought my doctor told me- perhaps I misunderstood her.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • uh no offense but was that directed towards me?
  • imagestarshineamator:
    imagejlk13:
    imagestarshineamator:

Really? That's what I was told when I went off the pill, and I've heard others being told the same thing. My apologies if this information was in correct, I was just repeating what I thought my doctor told me- perhaps I misunderstood her.  

My doctor just told me yesterday that this isn't true =( which makes me mad cause I wasted 2 perfectly good months of trying lol. She said there is no scientific (sp) evidence stating that you need to wait.  

• I was on the birth control patch. For a week. Back when I was 17. (we went to the beach, and I forgot the darn thing) other than that I have never been on birth control. Especially not for our relationship. We just stopped using condoms. And he pulls. No I haven't seen a doctor. I feel....i guess like the doctor is going to judge me because we do want to start trying a little before we get married. But also because I just got insurance back and I dont have a doctor at the moment. Do I have to go to a obgyn for that?. Or just a normal doctor. I actually do track my period because I'm very anal and can't stand not knowing when I'm coming, I have a normal period every 28 days. Only lasts for two days yet. Aside from it running in my family, when me a my fiance have sex it hurts, but only in certain positions, I'm praying that it just him hitting my cervix. But it has me worried to. Yes i know that i should relax. My fiance tells me all the time that i will create a problem that isn't there....its just like how do i do that. Like i said i started having it on my brain 4 years ago. Which is ridiculous like i was 19 years old why the hell would i want a kid at that age! But that's when i started really thinking about it. And I've been telling those thoughts to shut up this whole time. And now i feel like they're screaming at me! And my fiance works 40 hours a week,during the day, and i work at night for only 3-4 hours. So eight hours im home alone with nothing but my thoughts. That's why it's hard. If i have something to do i dont think about it at all. I just dont know how to stop thinking about it.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"