LGBT Parenting

Wow. And I thought being queer meant we got to plan it...

Hello all!

This is my first post, so hello! My partner and I have been thrust, a little faster than we had planned, into the ttc world and we are still adjusting!

We had met with our fertility doc earlier this fall to start to get things in place for a first cycle next spring.... And long story short our intitial work up showed that I have at the very least a diminished ovarian reserve, and possibly the beginnings of premature ovarian failure. I am 30 years old now. Our doc advises that if we want the chance for me to carry a pregnancy we should start trying ASAP with iui, with no idea of what the odds are that it may work or not.

So our plan has changed drastically, we had planned for my partner to carry our first baby but seeing as her fertility is great we are now adjusting to the whole business of realizing that we can't really plan any of this.

Whew! I am assuming there are others out there working through infertility and surprises.... It would be lovely to say hello to people who might get it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

Re: Wow. And I thought being queer meant we got to plan it...

• Welcome. You will get lots of support here. It seems that all lesbians are somewhat "infertile" as our natural fertility mechanisms take a back seat in this process of frozen donor sperm. You will hear/see lots of stories and learn of different ways people have conceived or have struggled to. Welcome!
    Iui #1 = unmedicated = bfn. Iui # 2 = clomid 50 mg = bfn. Iui # 3 = clomid 50 mg = bfn. Iui # 4 = unmedicated = bfn. Iui # 5 = unmedicated = bfp - miscarriage at 5 wks. Iui #6 = nov 2012 = gonal f 75, endotrim 100= chemical pregnancy/bfn
  • Welcome! As laynesmomma said it, you will find a ton of support.  Also you will find a variety of methods used to conceive and just as many different reasons behind them.

Feel free to ask questions as there is more than likely someone here who can help!  Also remember to breath as this process can be a bit overwhelming at times.

Best of luck to you!

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome to the board. So sorry to hear of your initial struggle. Ask any questions, at any time--it's a wonderful community with lots of answers, or at least support when there are no answers.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome! I've been on here less than a month and I've already gotten great support. I've learned so much by being able to ask questions of other women going through this.
    M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • Welcome! It's definitely a wild ride however you end up creating your family. Best of luck as you begin!
    Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome. If you have questions about DOR, you may also find some help/support on the Infertility board.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome, and the very best of luck on your journey to start a : Ditto what the others said. This is a wonderfully supportive board.
    IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Thanks for the welcomes everyone. 

I don't think my partner has wanted to get on any boards yet, but she may show up sooner or later as well.

We are going ahead with iui next cycle, and then see where that takes us.  I have a hard time synthesizing the fact that it MIGHT work with the fact that the odds are definitely against us on this one...  But we decided that we would definitely regret it if we don't try at all...

Looking forward to the conversations....

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Welcome!  Sorry this ride has already become a bit crazy and unexpected for you, but I'm glad you found out about the DOR sooner rather than later.  We know someone locally who moved up her timeline because of DOR as well.

Will you be monitored via ultrasound to ensure you are ovulating for the IUI?  They can also tell if you've ovulated with 7DPO bloodwork.  It's reassuring to know you are shooting sperm at an actual egg. :)

I second the infertility board about more information on DOR.  Lurk a bit to get a feel for it and introduce yourself, but the ladies there are wonderful.

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • Hlke: yes! My partner and I were just talking last night about talking with our doc about making sure we get the bloodwork and u/s information so that we know how the follicle is looking and that I am ovulating. It's good to know when/how they know that.

We are going to do a full cycle monitoring. And probably an hsg this cycle as well ergh!......

I have never met other queer women my age also dealing with fertility issues..., feeling very young in our local circle of reproducing dykes :

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"