December 2011 Moms
Options

Once Upon A Child

Has anyone tried selling their old clothes to once upon a child? What is the average that they give for different articles of clothing? I tried looking it up on their website but I couldn't find anything... I have a bunch of clothes I want to sell to make some space for the new stuff! Storage space is limited in our little apartment...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Once Upon A Child

• Options

I brought a lot of stuff over there just last week. They are really limiting what they take though. Check their website to see what they are looking for at that time before you go. I brought 3 large boxes and a laundry basket full of stuff and they only took about 6 pairs of pants, a couple of onesies and a jacket and I got $20. 

What they offer depends on the brand of the clothes they select and I also believe how old it is. They enter it all into a computer system and that gives them back the bulk quote for you.

I would rather sell my stuff at a consignment sale where I would definitely get more money for it, but it's also more work. I think I'll just dump the rest of my stuff that they didn't want (so much!) in one of those clothes donation boxes.  

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    imageRicola:
    I brought a lot of stuff over there just last week. They are really limiting what they take though. Check their website to see what they are looking for at that time before you go. I brought 3 large boxes and a laundry basket full of stuff and they only took about 6 pairs of pants, a couple of onesies and a jacket and I got 20.nbsp;What they offer depends on the brand of the clothes they select and I also believe how old it is. They enter it all into a computer system and that gives them back the bulk quote for you. I would rather sell my stuff at a consignment sale where I would definitely get more money for it, but it's also more work. I think I'll just dump the rest of my stuff that they didn't want so much! in one of those clothes donation boxes.nbsp;nbsp;

Wow, they really didn't you much! Or take much! Our closest Once Upon A Child is an hour away, so I've never taken stuff there. Luckily, dh's granny owns a consignment shop, so we sell the stuff there that we don't need. I just take my stuff and drop it off and they sort and price it and keep track of the money. It's no work at all for me at her shop. Plus, idk how she does it, but she always sells the stuff for more than I would imagine!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've heard that they are pretty picky with clothes. People where I live complained that they denied a lot of newer items and took a lot more older looking stuff for some reason. I've never taken clothing, but I took in a bouncy seat that was pretty much brand new DS didn't care for it and they gave me like 17.00 for it. Originally it's 100.00.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

That stinks that they're super picky Sad  Oh well, I'll just donate what they wont take.  I didn't include anything that was stained or unwearable in any way.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"