Babies on the Brain

Anyone have a Mirena and experience the crazies?

I have been a crazy biitch for the past several months. I don't know if it's mental or hormonal. I've never been on any hormonal bc. My MW said that progesterone only bc doesn't typically cause you to be a crazy biitch, hence my doubt. I have a temper of about 1.8 seconds and I'm just pretty much angry all the time. I'm going to end up in jail for punching someone in the face at some point.

I otherwise like my mirena. No muss, no fuss.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
I used to be "Chasingthedog" but it would never let me update my profile.
The Sheepdog | My sorry looking chart

Re: Anyone have a Mirena and experience the crazies?

• I felt the same way when I was on the nuva ring. And I didn't realize how bad I was until I stopped using it and felt "normal" again! My most recent OB (i moved and had to switch) was surprised at my reaction to it because most women don't get that hormonal on it. *shrug* I also felt myself getting real bitchy while on lo-estrin and was going to go back and get a copper iud (something that's totally non-hormonal), but before I could, got knocked up.

ANYWAY, the point is, if you're still not feeling like yourself after a few more months, I'd def talk to your doctor about switching it up to something different.

OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I feel like I lose myself on BC.  I hate it all!  I have tried it all!
    my read shelf:
    Nicole's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

Vacation
  • Loading the player...
  • I was a complete emotional mess on Mirena. I went to several MDs about my feelings of depression and anger. It was recommended that I try counseling with antidepressants and nothing helped. When doing research before TTC, I found that I was having the side effects of increased progesterone. As soon as the Mirena was removed I was a new woman.  I will never ever ever use the Mirena again.

• Yup. I was so happy to have that thing removed. Between the mood swings and the weight gain I was begging my dr. to take it out after the year. My dr. was very surprised that it would cause that and I am sure doubted what I was saying, but I have no doubt it was the mirena. I thought I was going crazy and then I start googling. Needless to say I had it out within a week of finally "putting it together" with what had changed.
    Married - July 2010, DD - April 2011, #2 EDD August 10, 2013
  • I had mine removed after 18 months of just being uncomfortable. I don't think I had terrible mood swings, and I can't really explain it, but I just felt better after it was removed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • On Mirena I was short tempered and weepy. I didn't have mood swings, my mood was just chronically "low". Nothing could ever really make me happy- I would know intellectually that I should be happy about something and just couldn't get my mood to match. It also completely killed my sex drive.
    It took me a long time to connect the dots. At first I thought it was related to my eating issues but when that got resolved and my mood didn't improve I started doing some research and realized it could be the Mirena (and then remembered I had similar feelings while using Depo years before). I noticed a huge difference right after I got it removed and about a month later I was fully back to myself.
    If the symptoms have persisted this long I'd talk to your midwife about maybe trying another form of BC. Good luck, hope things get better.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • After I had my first, I went to the OB and went back on the nuvaring..well I was BF'ing at the time and the OB warned me, that my milk production could go down..Within the day, it dropped drastically! So I went back and had the Mirena inserted, went back to BF'ing just fine..I had that awful thing in for almost 2 1/2 years maybe and OMG..I was evil!! When I first had it inserted, I bled for about 8 weeks straight, it caused so many problems from acne, to weight gain to me landing in the ER two years in a row, they found I had so many ovarian cysts, even paraovarian which are outside the ovary..I had it out and felt like a new woman! I mean it has its pros and cons but the ER visits did it for me!
    Cheryl (26) Andy (25) Married 1 year as of 8-17-13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• When I had the Mirena I gained weight like a crazy person, mood swings and all that fun jazz. My OBGYN said only 1 in like 500 react to it that way so several doctors chaulk it up to your own hormones but for a select few, it doesn't work well with our bodies. I had mine taken out and the paraguard put in and felt MUCH better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"