Two Under 2

2u2 "fantasy"

DD is going through a phase of separation anxiety, which has affected her naps. I tried many things over the course of a month, and out of desperation I've started rocking her to sleep at naptime. Part of me thinks "Well, I might as well snuggle M as much as possible while she's still my baby" but the other part says "This is going to be a disaster with a newborn in April!"

Anyway, yesterday I was rocking M, enjoying the peaceful snuggles, and I thought "I can just put the newborn in the RockNPlay next to the glider and I'll rock both of them!" 

HAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm sure it'll work out JUST like that, rocking two happy babies to sleep at the same time with nobody screaming, wriggling away, or causing any problems at all. I just had to laugh at my unrealistic expectations.  

Re: 2u2 "fantasy"

• I wouldn't count on it, but I can tell you I rocked both kids to sleep in my rocking chair on numerous occasions with 2u2. One in each arm. When i could, I'd even sit there the whole time just to appreciate it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been lucky enough to have a few occasions where I rocked them both at the same time..DS2 nursing and DS1 sitting next to me...and they both fell asleep, but that is certainly not the norm!
  • Loading the player...
  • Lol, I don't normally post here, but this totally made me laugh! Before I had my second, I had the same problem with my DD needing to be rocked to sleep. I never did anything about it, and was expecting that things would be absolutely crazy getting her down for a nap once the newborn was here.. but surprisingly no. I rock them both to sleep in the rocking chair most days and it usually works out fine! It is sort of difficult to maneuver the newborn onto something so that I can put my DD in her bed, but it works! (they are 20 months apart.) My point is, if you can't get her to nap by herself by the time new baby arrives, don't worry, you'll probably find a way to make it work. :)
  • Well, its good to hear it may not be awful. DD is the WORST sleeper (always has been), so I am really hoping this LO is different...
  • Lol, I'm having a hard enough time rocking my 16 month old with my belly that's getting in the way! 
    The times that we do get it down, I have in the back of my mine pretty much the same fantasy, then I just laugh at myself and remind myself all the plans I had for the perfect times with my first!
  • imageJennifer Anne:
    Lol, I don't normally post here, but this totally made me laugh! Before I had my second, I had the same problem with my DD needing to be rocked to sleep. I never did anything about it, and was expecting that things would be absolutely crazy getting her down for a nap once the newborn was here.. but surprisingly no. I rock them both to sleep in the rocking chair most days and it usually works out fine! It is sort of difficult to maneuver the newborn onto something so that I can put my DD in her bed, but it works! (they are 20 months apart.) My point is, if you can't get her to nap by herself by the time new baby arrives, don't worry, you'll probably find a way to make it work. :)

This exactly! Its not too much of a fantasy! Mine are 18 months apart. And DS did shortly after begin to not have to be rocked to sleep. 

DS1 9.24.2010      DS2 4.18.2012        DS3 12.15.2013

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (fyXz)

Lilypie - (28Zf)

• imageOoglybear:
    Well, its good to hear it may not be awful. DD is the WORST sleeper (always has been), so I am really hoping this LO is different...

both my kids were pretty bad sleepers up until 1 1/2 and then they suddenly became great sleepers. I hope this happens for you in the next couple of months!

• imageOoglybear:
    Well, its good to hear it may not be awful. DD is the WORST sleeper always has been, so I am really hoping this LO is different...

My dd is a terrible sleeper too. But my almost 2 month old ds is a already good sleeper! So there is hope!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"