July 2013 Moms

8 weeks, and my waist is HUGE

This is my first pregnancy. I have a medium frame 5'7'' and 144 lbs but I've always had a small waist at 24 inches. Now at 8 weeks I've already gained over 4 inches in my waist, and we are talking solid baby bump. Is that normal???
Daisypath Graduation tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: 8 weeks, and my waist is HUGE

• I get bloated after I eat! I have yet to check my inches but my jeans are feeling snug but I can still button them. I'm also 8 weeks.
  • imagealoyas:
    I get bloated after I eat! I have yet to check my inches but my jeans are feeling snug but I can still button them. I'm also 8 weeks.

I also get bloated, and I definitely can't button jeans anymore. I'm starting to wear leggings with an empire dress almost every day. I feel like my bump is so obvious -- when we were at the store DH was like "are you sticking your tummy out on purpose?" It caught me totally off guard and that's when I first measured because I hadn't noticed how huge I was getting. DH wants twins lol 

• Loading the player...
  • I wore leggings today too, with a loose white top and a scarf it was the hubbs bday and we went out to dinner and I knew I was going to make some damage. Can't wait til the first trimester is over and my belly starts getting some round form because right now it just looks like I have a muffin top!
  • Really, not trying to burst your bubble but at 8 weeks baby is still well beneath your pelvic bone. When you hit 20 weeks you will see what I mean. Right now, no matter how "solid" your bloat bump is its not baby but gas.

It's there because of baby, so it's a good thing, but its not a true bump yet.

Baby is still very small at 40mm! Way too early too show.

Edit: autocorrect mistakes and a good link to chart.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• My stomach is so bloated so I look very chunky. I had a hard, round, but small bump around 16 weeks last time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not that far along like you ladies however I'm now strictly in leggings and sweats with cute tops. I haven't put on a pair of jeans since I found out 3 weeks ago today. My jeans are snug and I don't want anything tight around my waist. I'm a size 16 and no way near "poking out" my first daughter who's yrs I didn't really show with her until 4 almost 5 months which was great!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagePrimRoseMama:
    Really, not trying to burst your bubble but at 8 weeks baby is still well beneath your pelvic bone. When you hit 20 weeks you will see what I mean. Right now, no matter how "solid" your bloat bump is its not baby but gas.

Yes you're right I suppose. But maybe it's possible I have a higher uterus, and since it's the size of a grapefruit with fluids that could play a factor? Or maybe it's twins? Guess I won't know until I see the doctor on Tuesday. But if it's just gas oh man that's quite the tummy.
  • imageKotea:
    imagePrimRoseMama:
    Really, not trying to burst your bubble but at 8 weeks baby is still well beneath your pelvic bone. When you hit 20 weeks you will see what I mean. Right now, no matter how "solid" your bloat bump is its not baby but gas.
    Yes you're right I suppose. But maybe it's possible I have a higher uterus, and since it's the size of a grapefruit with fluids that could play a factor? Or maybe it's twins? Guess I won't know until I see the doctor on Tuesday. But if it's just gas oh man that's quite the tummy.

You will be surprised once you have the baby how much is "just gas". [;-)] 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• imageKotea:
    imagePrimRoseMama:

At 8 weeks the baby is the size of a raspberry.

BFP #1 5/16/2012 Heard/Saw Heartbeat 6/27/2012 No heartbeat at 11 weeks D&C 7/6/2012
    BFP #2 10/28/2012 EDD July 12, 2013
    BFP #3 6/24/2015 EDD March 8, 2016

Oliver born July 6, 2013

• imagebridge2005:
    imageKotea:
    imagePrimRoseMama:

Yes the baby is small but the uterus is bigger like a grapefruit.
  • Oh man... the bloating monster is for reals. I'm eight weeks tomorrow and something had happened in the last week to my midsection. You are not alone!
    PCOS diagnosed 2008 :: BFP 08/08/09 :: Natural m/c 08/23/09 :: BFP 10/17/09 :: CP 10/23/09
    BFP 12/14/09 :: Paisley born 8/07/10 :: BFP 10/24/12!
    Beta 11/2/12 1,438 :: Beta 11/5/12 4,559
    Photobucket
    Blog
  • imagemandal00:
    Oh man... the bloating monster is for reals. I'm eight weeks tomorrow and something had happened in the last week to my midsection. You are not alone!

Hehe thank you for this!
  • imagemandal00:
    Oh man... the bloating monster is for reals. I'm eight weeks tomorrow and something had happened in the last week to my midsection. You are not alone!

Hahahaha, yes, this! The only jeans I can still wear are a pair that are really low-cut (so I usually don't wear them anyway). I had to wear a suit for something on Tuesday, and good lord, the non-stretchy suit pants almost KILLED me. 

The ironic thing is that I'm not really able to eat much, so I think I'm either just maintaining or losing a little weight, so the butt of all my pants is saggy, while the waist is super-tight, and my boobs want to jump out of my shirts. I am apparently turning into a balloon on stick legs! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagePrimRoseMama:

This times a million. It's just bloat.

• imageKotea:
    imagebridge2005:
    imageKotea:
    imagePrimRoseMama:
    Yes the baby is small but the uterus is bigger like a grapefruit.

It is physically impossible, save for carrying twins or other multiples (not saying anyone here is), to show at 8 weeks. I'm sorry. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• My gut has increased as well. But it's totally bloat...kind of weird that the bloat is firm!

And I ate Chick Fil A the other day, geez did I blow up even more from the sodium.

• Under my layers of fat er... Baby protection, I can feel my tummy harden but not showing yet. Still trying to lose weight from my IVF meds.
  • I hear ya on the bloat.

When you say your waist, where did you measure? If you measured where a typical waist measurement is it is pretty obvious it is not baby since the baby is super low under your pelvis. Bloat bloat bloat.

• Hmm.. please don't take this the wrong way, please but are you eating heathily?  I see so many food posts on these boards about women eating horrible now that they're pregnant and I cringe.  I've found that since my bfp I'm trying so hard to be healthy that I've lost 2 lbs. I'm not worried at all b/c you should only really gain 25 lbs total in pregnancy and no more than maybe 2-3 lbs in first tri (nothing is better).  I gained 45 with my first which is what spurred this healthy eating kick

Its not all for vanity reasons either, eating like crap increases your risk of developing gestational diabetes and high blood pressure later on 

• imagePrimRoseMama:
    Really, not trying to burst your bubble but at 8 weeks baby is still well beneath your pelvic bone. When you hit 20 weeks you will see what I mean. Right now, no matter how "solid" your bloat bump is its not baby but gas. It's there because of baby, so it's a good thing, but its not a true bump yet. Baby is still very small at 40mm! Way too early too show. imageimage Edit: autocorrect mistakes and a good link to chart.

nice diagram but a few medical sites say you can start your baby bump this early if you're a 2nd time mom +

https://www.womenshealthcaretopics.com/pregnancy_week_8.htm 

4 inches? Yeah, that's most likely mostly bloat.. but it's possible it's also part bump

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Even with twins I really don't think you'd be truly showing yet. I am petite with a small frame and with my twins, a small true bump began to emerge around 10-11 weeks, but before that it was definitely just bloat. The bloat is for real, though, and it is definitely a part of pregnancy and can make your stomach stick out a lot in the first few months.
    IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
    IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
    IVF #1 = BFN
    FET #1 = BFN
    FET #2 = BFN
    IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
    IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
    Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
    ~~
    TTC again March 2014
    FET #3 - May/June 2014
    -
    all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
    IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
    beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"