Georgia Babies

Routine C/S at Piedmont ?

last time dd was an unplanned c/s and i didn't get to see her for quite some time afterwards. what is the planned c/s at piedmont like? Afterwards when you go to recovery, how long are you there before going in to a room? When do you get to see your LO? Give me the blow by blow if you don't mind. 

Thanks! 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Routine C/S at Piedmont ?

• I recently had a planned c/s with my DD at Piedmont due to her being breach. Being my first, I don't have any past experience to compare my c/s to, but I was super pleased with Piedmont.

After she was born and suctioned out, DH was able to bring her over to me for about 5 minutes. The nurse anesthetist untied my arm and allowed me to touch her face while my DH held her. The nurses, along with my husband, then took her back to the recovery room to do the standard tests and bathe her while my doctor closed me up.

It took about 15 minutes before I was taken back to recovery with her. I was able to hold her about 5 minutes after that, when they finished her bath and tests. We stayed in recovery for about an hour and a half before we were taken to our room. It was such great bonding time for just me, my husband and the baby before our family came to visit. Minus a few checkin's, the nurses really let you have your time as a family.

All in all, I had a great experience with my c/s at Piedmont.

And on a side note, Piedmont has some amazing nurses. All the nurses in the delivery room were so incredibly sweet and reassuring to me. I was terrified going in, but the literally/figuratively held my hand through the entire procedure. And hopefully you are lucky enough to get Erika once you are in your room. She was my partner in crime and got me through the first night after surgery. Loved her!

Best of luck on your delivery. :
  • thank you so much!!! the first one was unplanned and she was rushed off for respiratory reasons. this is so reassuring! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"