LGBT Parenting

PCP/TTC/ATP Wednesday

I pretty much covered mine in TTT yesterday.  What's going on in YOUR world?

QOTD?  Anyone?

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
*Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PCP/TTC/ATP Wednesday

• Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder. Rumi
    I just read that yesterday and really needed to hear it!
    M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • Hmm... I think I need to study my acronyms. I'll check back when others post. Obviously I'm on here a lot as 2ww has me on my toes. Newbie... Sorry.
    M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Quotes are good too!!! I always love a good quote especially one uplifting.

We did our 3D/4D u/s last night and Jacob was surprisingly cooperative while Sam (my little cooperative baby) would not show us anything!  The good news is the lady said she loves doing the scan on twins, so she is giving us a free session in December to try and get Sam!!!  

The boys are just so active the last few days and it feels like rockin-sockin robots in there!  I cannot believe we had made it this far.

QOTD:  What is your ideal date night with your partner?  (My wedding anniversary is on the 8th and it's our 5 year married so I am digging for ideas lol)

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • things are good in our house. The ILs first foray into babysitting was fine. Carter has a meltdown at the end of the day, but he was frustrated they made him leave for dinner without finishing his Lego (he was on the last page), was tired, and hungry. But overall, they said it was a good day and then kids seem to have fun. They have then again today too - but L is leaving work early, so it will be a shorter day for them.

QOTD: Ideal or what we tend to do? :)  99.9% of our date nights occur while the kids are in Parents Night Out at our gym. Historically, it has been much cheaper than getting a sitter and the kids are much more active (swimming, rock climbing, gym games) and love it.  That leaves us with only 6p-9p ish (it goes to 10p, but the kids are exhausted by 9.) We like to go to a movie if we can get the timing to work, but if not, we go to dinner and often to errands sans kids. We used to go to the theater frequently pre-kids, but that has pretty much stopped due to $$$.

Ideal would be an overnight in a hotel (well, for me - L is tired of staying in hotels due to her writing.) Drinks with friends, dinner, a night in a hotel, breakfast, a museum, and then home. A long weekend would be awesome...but that is a pipe dream! :)

Oh and a date night would be made SO much better if we weren't paying $12-$15/hr for babysitting. :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • image2brides:

QOTD: Ideal or what we tend to do?

I am just looking for some different ideas as this a) is #5 and b) our last one sans kids.   I really want to make it special and it would be so out of the norm for me to plan and execute it (she generally handles anniversaries).  I just really want to thank her for the support over these last few years and celebrate how far we have come.  

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Ky is doing better at daycare about biting/hitting. Her worst incidents used to be in the morning and when I looked back on the good days v bad days I noticed the days she got up earlier and had time to sit with me when I got dressed, drink some milk, cuddle a bit, and generally wake up she had a good day. So I have started purposely going into her room before I get in the shower and starting to wake her up gently. Usually by the time I get out she is up and ready to get dressed. Then we talk while I get ready and spend some mommy/kylie one on one time...it seems to make a world of difference. Not really sure of the connection BUT it is working for now so I will go with it.

QOTD: I like to go do fun things. So some of our more memorable dates have been dinner followed by and arcade, laser tag, mini golf, or bowling. None of which are really easy being super pregnant lol. As far as ideal romantic date we used ot love to go to this nice restaurant on the riverfront and eat dinner then stroll along the river talking.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • ATP - Jelly Bean is doing well.  She loves reading and reads me stories whenever she can.  The Bean that is still inside is doing well too. I'll be released from my RE next week and have an appt with my OB set for December.  I'm going to miss the weekly u/s once I'm released.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • TTC: tww

QOTD: We usually do three types of "dates":

• dinner (various levels of fanciness), sometimes paired with an activity (movies, bowling, gallery, etc) and/or dessert (usually gelato)
    • daytime outing (museum, exploring our city, touristy things, picnic and a day at the park) often followed by dinner
    • overnight/weekend trip (snowboarding, beach, etc) - I wouldn't have thought to put this until I read 2brides's response

Best of luck on the anniversary planning. We usually do a trip (it's in July which is a good month for that for us, and we don't do gifts).

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ATP: We are on week 2 of the big girls being out of school and it's going surprisingly well, they keep the babies busy so I can clean. A has been so helpful lately, she is such a sweet kid but when she isn't happy about something she has a bad attitude, she is going to be the one who gives me hell as she gets older. Iz, oh Iz, she is so impulsive, making bad choices because the outcome is "more fun" than making good choices. I am at a loss with her, I feel like I've tried everything to get her to understand that bad behavior isn't ok but nothing has worked so far, I am probably going to talk to the school district about testing for ADD and ADHD. Owl is good, she is continuing to phonate but not really spontaneously. There is so much going on for her right now, therapies, Dr. appts, testing, I know it's a lot but I hope we can get some answers soon. Apple is crazy, climbing everything, wants up, down, up, down, wants me to play with her but not play with her.

J and I are doing really well, the adoption is moving forward, and we are in a good place as a family.

QOTD: My ideal date is going somewhere artsy. A few years ago J took me to the Getty Villa for our anniversary, it was drizzling and cold but that made the experience perfect. We took a tour then explored the gardens, had lunch, and explored some more, it was so perfect. J isn't an artsy person so she indulges me occasionally.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"