New Jersey Babies

Questions about delivering at JFK

Hi Ladies,

Has anyone delivered at JFK that can share their birth experience? I am especially curious about the procedures for mom and LO after a c-section. On other boards I have seen where there is a mandatory 2 hour seperation after a c-section, so I am curious how they work at JFK. I am trying to get all the information I can before the hospital tour so I can have extra questions to ask on my list rather then be caught off guard and forget questions.

Thanks for any feedback!

Re: Questions about delivering at JFK

• Hi,

I have only been to one birth at JFK, which was a c-section, and although there wasn't a mandatory 2-hour wait, I really had to push to get the baby to the mama- and it took about an hour.  They were very dismissive of the mom's desire to have the baby in recovery saying "you need some time to yourself" etc.

Other local hospitals, especially when the birth is with a midwife are much more open to either non-separation from baby (a family-centered c-section) or minimizing the separation for mom and baby.

Good luck!

• Hi,

While I did have a c-section at JFK I was not able to have my twins with me afterwards due to being put on mag drip. I did however express with my dr early on about wanting them with me for recovery and he had no problem with it. All I can say is talk to your doctor about what you want.

As for the nursing staff on both L&D they were very nice on the post pardum side I only had one rude nurse I just choked it up to being moved from L&D to the postpardum side at 2am.

Good Luck and express your wants/needs with your dr before hand. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"