Baby Names

Opinions please:)

My husband and I have been name hopping. We cannot commit to one or the other. Started with Valerie, then I loved Chloe, (he did not) Now he likes Paisley and I like Payton better. :/ I hope we get this figured out before she comes. Any thoughts on Payton vs Paisley? Middle name possibly Morgan.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Opinions please:)

• I prefer Valerie over Chloe, Paisley, and Payton...

IMO, Paisley is a pattern, not a name and Payton is a last name.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I do not like Payton or Paisley to be honest.  Payton doesn't sound like a girl name to me.  The only Payton's I've known are male, so I only see it as a male name.  And Paisley is a fabric print.  Sorry.  I kinda like Valerie.  It's different without being weird or trying too hard.  Chloe isn't bad, but really popular.  What about Penelope?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I like Valerie Morgan!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Valerie - YES!
    Chloe - yes
    Paisley - no
    Payton - NO

It was a rough road, but Arlo Daniel was born April 1, 2013—and our second rainbow is due October 12, 2014.
  • image526SadieSadie:

I prefer Valerie over Chloe, Paisley, and Payton...

IMO, Paisley is a pattern, not a name and Payton is a last name.

She said it best. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm not a big fan of Paisley but the other names sound good to me.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would start with a new list of names you both like.

For what it's worth, I think Paisley and Payton are terrible and much prefer Valerie and Chloe.

• I like Chloe the best, and Valerie second.

I'm not a huge fan of Paisley or Payton. Of the two, if I had to choose, I'd go with Payton.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Valerie!!!! Chloe is good too.

Paisley and Payton are really bad.

• I vote Valerie #1. To answer you question Payton over Paisley, BUT I feel Payton is a boys name and that Paisley is not a name. I like the suggestion of starting over with a list you both like and then narrowing down from there

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think Valerie is the best name you have on there.  Valerie Morgan is really nice.
  • Minority here..

I like Paisley, our niece is Paisley.
    Also really like Peyton/Payton
    Strongly dislike Chloe.. so overdone. I feel like everyone names their pets Chloe.
    Valerie is ok.

image     image  image
       Maverick James 01.07.2012                  * Married 01.23.2010 *                     Harper Skye 01.24.2013

• For me, Valerie and Paisley are both okay (but not great). I strongly dislike both Payton (it's a boy's name and not even a good one, at that) and Chloe (bad associations - all the ones I've known are super trashy).
  • imageprplscrubs:

I vote Valerie #1. To answer you question Payton over Paisley, BUT I feel Payton is a boys name and that Paisley is not a name. I like the suggestion of starting over with a list you both like and then narrowing down from there

ITA. Chloe is fine too, but nms.
  • I like Payton but not with Morgan (too much AN) and I don't think Paisley ages well.
  • I like paisley for a child but do not think it would fit an adult woman well. I like Valerie a lot. ;
  • imageJoy2611:
    Valerie or Chloe.  I'd just quietly cross off both Payton and Paisley because ...yikes.

This!  And I would probably find a more feminine middle name if you go with a unisex first name.  Morgan is just ok for me.

BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Valerie and Chloe are both nice names.  Paisley is a fabric print and sounds silly as a name.  Payton sounds totally masculine to me (and reminds me of the football player Walter Payton) - I don't get how this became a girl name.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • I like Valerie & Chloe.

Payton - meh

Paisley  - yuck imo

what about Presley?  

• Valerie is my favorite. I don't love Chloe, but it is a million times better than Payton and Paisley.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't like Paisely or Payton. Valerie and Chloe are nice.

• Not a popular opinion on this thread, but I LOVE Paisley. It is one of my top five favorite names. I just adore it. Payton is okay. I like Chloe better than Payton. Valerie is NMS.
  • imagegroovygirl858:
    Notnbsp;a popular opinion on this thread, but I LOVE Paisley. It is one of my top five favoritenbsp;names. I just adore it. Payton is okay. I like Chloe better than Payton. Valerie is NMS.

Paisley is actually our girl name this time around!! I love it!
    DS #1 10/21/06 DD #2 04/11/10 DS #3 01/28/13 Edd #4 08/28/15 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My fav by a long shot of those listed is Chloe. If I had to choose between Peyton and Paisley I guess Peyton, but both are nms.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"