Maryland Babies

How did you select your OB?

Hi Ladies - thought I'd join this board as I am very excited to be newly pregnant - expecting a July baby. I wanted to ask how you selected your OB. I haven't "graduated" from Shady Grove yet, but once I do, I have no idea what OB to see. My gynecologist is at Mercy, so I think I'd like a practice that delivers at either Mercy or GBMC (despite the fact that I live in Carroll County).

Thanks for any feedback you have!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: How did you select your OB?

• I actually selected my OB off recommendations from other moms. I had my first appointment with the NP, but I had seen the OB before for my yearly appointment. The nice thing is that you can always check out one OB and if you don't like switch. I know several people who have switched up until 30 or so weeks.

Good luck and Congratulations! 

• I knew what hospital I wanted to deliver at (HCGH) so I asked friends and on here for recs for an OB with privileges at HCGH who was conveniently located for me and I got a lot of recs for one practice in particular so I decided to try them out. Thankfully, they were great!

Congrats and good luck!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats!!!  I used the recommendations from here.
    IUI#1 = 09/10 - Canceled - Dx w/POF
    DE IVF #1= 04/11 - BFP
  • Congratulations!

I actually just delivered in September at GBMC by C-Section (wanted to do natural but LO was too big!) and I highly recommend Dr. Arthur Nauman, OB/GYN. He is very professional and easy-going and his staff is very nice and really try to get to know you (they all really helped me throughout my entire pregnancy as it was my first) and all of the nurses at GBMC know him really well because he delivers there so often so that made me even more comfortable. I think he also delivers at St. Joseph's, not sure about Mercy? He was super fast during the surgery and my C-Section scar is barely visible too which is great because I scar pretty badly and was really worried about that - even the nurses were amazed by it! He also did my LO's circumcision and my pediatrician says it looks great. He has an office in Towson and in Bel Air and his office number is (410) 321-6100.

• She was my gyno who I have been seeing for about 7 years...she's amazing. Every Dr should be like her. She's in Owings Mills if you want a recommendation. Congratulations!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats! I'm at Shady Grove, too. This morning they gave me a list of OBs in the area. Can you ask for one at your office? 

Me:27, DH:28 - DX: MFI, varicocele repair Nov 2011 
    Post-Op SA: Count- 15 million, Motility- 75%, Morphology- 3% 
    IVF with ICSI - Stimming 10/4/12 - 10/13/12, Lupron Trigger
    ER 10/18/1212 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertilized
    5 day transfer 10/23/12, 3 frosties
    Beta #1 11/5/12: 453, Beta #2 11/7/12: 1,013, DD born 7/19/13
  • Just wanted to chime in that I am also at Shady Grove Harbor East--who knows maybe I saw you there this AM--was just searching this board for OB recs.

I was going to look between GBMC and St Joe's--does anybody know specifically about noninvasive prenatal testing (the new screen) and where this is offered?

Congratulations!

• Thanks for all of the responses! I am going to ask my Shady Grove office (Columbia) for their recs when I go in for my 1st ultrasound next week.

Mella - would you mind sharing your dr's info?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"