Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

toddler bad breath??

I have noticed in the few weeks both my DD have bad breath, like mucosy almost? I know it sounds gross!! They (I) Brush there teeth 2x  day but its still there. Now they have colds so I am not sure if it sinus related but I noticed it before they were sick. Any thoughts??

Re: toddler bad breath??

• Options

Are they mouth breathing since they are sick?  I don't know how long you noticed it before they were sick, but maybe it is related to their cold, but it started before they had overt signs that they were sick?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My son has this off and on and he has bad allergies.  I talked with our Dentist and doctor about it because I couldn't understand it- he rarely eats candy and we brush his teeth morning and night but I also noticed that it only happened around high allergy times.  Both my doctors explained about mouth breathing and that the only other thing would be to add an extra brush for the breath (obviously he's on allergy meds). 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We definitely notice "sick breath" due to congestion. Sometimes it's how we can tell if DS is coming down with a cold.

Now... we did have a situation a few months back where, even though we brushed teeth 2x a day, DS's breath stunk. And he wasn't sick. So we switched from the stupid training toothpaste to regular kid's Crest toothpaste. That killed the funk.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"