Toddlers: 24 Months+

Imaginarium City Central Train vs. Melissa & Doug set?

Any insights? Thanks. Want to get one for my 2 yo and pretty much have it narrowed down to these options, but haven't seen either in person.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Imaginarium City Central Train vs. Melissa & Doug set?

• we have an imaginarium set w/the table (it's like, espresso colored with two drawers), not sure if that's the particular set you are talking about or not, but we really love it.  i have no experience with M&D trains at all.  

thomas brand wooden tracks and the trains fit with the imaginarium tracks as well, which is good to know.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't have any advice about the Melissa and Dough set.  My friend purchased the city central one last year for her girls and when we visited (she lives in another state) my kids loved to play with it.  So I just purchased it today at TRU.  I got a free train, free 75 piece wooden block set and a $10 gift card.  I can't wait to see their faces when they see it Christmas morning.
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the older version of the Imaginarium set from TRU and have no complaints. It's a nice good quality set. The sound effects are nice. Train tracks seem pretty indestructible. Our table has two drawers to hold all the tracks and accessories. Thomas trains fit on the tracks, although the plastic ones don't fit through the tunnels. 
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • We have the Imaginarium City Central and LOVE it. I love the two drawers for storage. We bought it on Black Friday last year for his 2nd birthday last January and he still plays with it everyday. 
  • We have the Imaginarium table. Had it since right before last Christmas. It's still holding up well, my son still likes to play with it.

I know nothing about the M&D one!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"